Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the instructions say manifold for boost reference but some also told me it would be better on the turbo outlet.Pros, cons
whats better.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Why do you care how much boos the turbo is making.

You need to know how much boost the motor is seeing.
Manifold will tell you how much boost the motor is seeing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use the turbo discharge for the bottom of my gates and CO2 for the controller.

If you are not using CO2 I would use the intake for the gate (bottom) and turbo discharge for the controller (gate top). The turbo discharge will be a higher PSI than the intake (depending on your intercooler restriction) and give a higher pressure differential helping control the gate better.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry, off topic....

Control Freak.....Just got my AMS 1000 installed last week, awesome! Street testing shows it to be light years ahead of the MSBC I was using, cant wait to get to the track.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I know the instructions say manifold for boost reference but some also told me it would be better on the turbo outlet.Pros, cons
whats better.

My bad.

the sensor goes in the wastegate as the instructions show not in the manifold.
You are right. A little more coffee is needed before I answer tech stuff. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the sensor goes in the wastegate as the instructions show not in the manifold.
I have the sensor on top of the gate with the co2.Im asking about bottom of wastegate, manifold or turbo outlet. pro's con's of either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts