Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused on the chromoly tubing I've recently purchased. It is marked as AMS-T-6736A. I've looked this up online and found it to be cross referenced with MIL-T-6736B. Are these two specs of 4130N interchangeable?

Regards,
Justin

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
measure the wall thickness.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I would check with an inspector. print and save the info but yes it is the same stuff. maybe better. Anything with AN or mill spec is held to tighter tolerances on a whole.

I'm not sure that link I gave you is complete but this is from the aviation metalsmith book for Navy personal. There is a wealth of information it the original study book for fabricators. Bend allowance, rivet spacing, welding what metals should or shouldn't be used together. All kinds of neat stuff. The older books had shaping aluminum or steel shrinking rolling hammering etc. How to preform die penetrant inspections, magnaflux. Flush aluminum patches. hydraulic pneumatics electronic/ mechanical integration,all kinds of things. Everything you need to know to build or repair an airplane. Even a bit on aerodynamics. This is some of the general knowledge a aviation structural mechanic is tested on to make advancements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts