Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AMS 500 that I will be installing on my car today and I'm a little confused and that's nothing new believe me lol

I bought this off a member here awhile back maybe 2 yrs ago anyway he sent it to me still all wired and labelled rite out of his car this is what they say

- red wire = 12v switched

- yellow wire = 12v input 1

- black wire with white stripe = ground

- brown wire = input 2 ground

I have a 5# spring in the w/g and I would like to set this up to make more boost on the street while driving if I need it , can this be done , the previous owner had it set to launch at 5# and then off the trans brake to make what ever boost he set with the Co2

I have Co2 and and
NO trans brake

How would I wire this to work for me .

Can I have one stage on a toggle and the other on a button if I need it , so that I would have 5# spring pressure and then if I hit the toggle I would have 10# and if I need more boost I can have it at a push of a button to make 15# , can this be done or am I dreaming.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a AMS 500 that I will be installing on my car today and I'm a little confused and that's nothing new believe me lol

I bought this off a member here awhile back maybe 2 yrs ago anyway he sent it to me still all wired and labelled rite out of his car this is what they say

- red wire = 12v switched

- yellow wire = 12v input 1

- black wire with white stripe = ground

- brown wire = input 2 ground

I have a 5# spring in the w/g and I would like to set this up to make more boost on the street while driving if I need it , can this be done , the previous owner had it set to launch at 5# and then off the trans brake to make what ever boost he set with the Co2

I have Co2 and and
NO trans brake

How would I wire this to work for me .

Can I have one stage on a toggle and the other on a button if I need it , so that I would have 5# spring pressure and then if I hit the toggle I would have 10# and if I need more boost I can have it at a push of a button to make 15# , can this be done or am I dreaming.

Mike
I wired mine to a three position toggle switch. Middle is off and running around on the gate only for street driving. Up is stage one that gets an extra 5#'s on top of the spring and down is stage 2 which sends an extra 13#'s on top of the spring. Both dip switches on mine were set to apply power. Video of stage 2 v

View My Video

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes you can have one stage on a toggle and the other on the button. Super easy man...if you need the manual I can send it.

Good to hear can you pm me on how to wire it to work please .

Thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a transbrake and when its applied it works great the problem is when I release the button the t-brake doesn't release , when the car is off you can hear it apply and release , so I will be foot braking for now.

This is what I want to do:

I have a 5# spring in the w/g and I would like to leave on that with the foot brake then have the b/c at 8# on 1 stg and 12# on another stg.

When I read the instructions it looks like to me that stg 1 / input 1 is the launch but does it have to be turned off before stg 2 / input 2 will activate , I really didn't want to reach over and turn the toggle off to have the 2nd stg come on.

Or will the stg 1 go off on it's own when it hit's it's target psi and stg 2 will activate .

Or will I have to run it a different way , I would like to get this wired up today , I have it all mounted and plumbed all that's left is to wire it up and go try it out.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I don't no where my brain went I will hook the stg 1 to the button and the stg 2 to the toggle switch and when I release the button it will activate the stg 2 , I can't see this way not working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts