Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a turbo sbf, ams 500 system no co2.
My problem I am having is inconsistency in boost and how do you get it in launch mode and if it's in launch mode and the 12 volt from the trans brake activates the first stage does it stay in first stage until 2nd comes on or does it cut off after trans brake is released and go to second.
I have my first stage coming on w the brake and have the second on with a switch and I cut the second stage on while I'm holding the brake but it felt like it stayed in first stage mode the whole pass.

I guess I'm getting at is there a more advanced
Instruction pages somewhere cause the 8 pages I have that I printed off line is not very well written and detailed.
Thanks any help very much appreciated.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Excessive backpressure could require you to need c02..
In launch mode when you release the trans brake which is used for stage 1, then stage 2 will take over immediately providing its previously activated. I activate stage 2 via a toggle switch as soon as I start to pull into the beams. When stage 1 is activated, stage 1 will override stage 2 until stage 1 is deactivated ( activate stage 1 on the trans brake). To verify your in launch mode, the stage 1 green light will blink 5 times per second.

On page 3 it says how to put the controller on safe or normal mode ( I use normal)... Page 4 says how to put it on normal or launch ( I use launch).

I'm not the best at using this unit so if somebody has better or more accurate info, then don't be afraid to tell this guy I don't know shit.... thx

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had mine with a switch to power the ams and another switch to power second stage.the ams would be powered when my intercooler pump was on and I would flip the second stage on after the burn out get on the t brake and first stage overrides second until released then it ramps in the pressure u have programmed for stage two. Why do u feel its staying in first have u played with pressure setting and make sure u don't have it ramping at like 1 pound every 60 seconds or it will stay the same

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the first stage set on 10psi,
I leave on like 5-6 psi though, my spring in the wastegate is a 13psi spring, my second stage is set on 22 and the ramp rate is set on number 4, but last night half track it was only showing 14 psi maybe?
I know that back pressure is not a problem because yesterday I could drive down pit rd and flip the second stage switch and it would make 20-22 psi.
I am just not ever sure what mode it's in, the instructions is just not clear to me on setting modes

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I have the first stage set on 10psi,
I leave on like 5-6 psi though, my spring in the wastegate is a 13psi spring, my second stage is set on 22 and the ramp rate is set on number 4, but last night half track it was only showing 14 psi maybe?
I know that back pressure is not a problem because yesterday I could drive down pit rd and flip the second stage switch and it would make 20-22 psi.
I am just not ever sure what mode it's in, the instructions is just not clear to me on setting modes
If you would like some help call the shop. I would be more than happy to assist you. If it worked going down the pit its going to work going down the track.

as said above if the second stage switch is on and you release the transbrake it will automatically start the second stage.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. When I get off work I'll give you a call so I'll be in front of the controller. Thanks for responding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts