Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know you forgot about it . Its been a mystery...a myth....a figment of my imagination.

The ams2000 is off the bench after a year straight of hardware testing. We bring you once again the most advanced Air Management System ever! We did it with the ams1000 with co2 control and we are doing it again with the 2000. The ability of the AMS2000 is incredible and combining the datalogging capability makes it even better . The unit features usb communication and also has CAN bus capability for communicating with other ecu's etc. which makes it an absolute winner in flexibility!

The unit will need to be mounted with connector facing towards front of car to get proper reading from the memsic internal gmeter (2 axis). Later we will have the ability in the software to choose direction you are mounting.
We are currently beta testing in select cars and different vehicles. I am looking for qualified canidates to add to the beta program. I'm not looking for someone to run just a time based curve. I want you to test the hell out of the controller using different control strategies and offsets. Connect to your tps sensor, engine rpm, run an air temp sensor, drive shaft sensor or turbo shaft speed sensor, log as much as you can. We have already tied into the tps, rpm etc on a big stuff 3 so other systems should not be an issue. There are some requirements that will need to be met in order to be considered for beta testing. These are not free units. They will be offered at a discounted rate .

All updates are done via internet/email or a download from our website.

Units that are being tested are fully unlocked units offering all data channels and control strategies and offsets.

Here is what the AMS2000 will datalog. Everything is sampled at 100hz

boost channel pressure
aux channel pressure
boost target psi
aux target psi
engine rpm
TPS input
Analog input 1
Analog input 2
Air temp
MPH
Pressure
Air Fuel Ratio
Drive shaft rpm/turbo shaft speed rpm
G meter(internal)
Boost Scramble psi
Boost Reduce psi
Aux scramble PSI
Aux reduce psi
Gear position
Profile switch voltage
Activation input
Boost Activation status
Aux activation status
Scramble input
Reduce input
Shift input
Transbrake/clutch input
Battery voltage and a whole combination of status and control states.

The capability of the AMS2000 is truly incredible! Here is a video of a turbo motorcycle that at peak torque would pound the gate and blow the gate open thus decreasing boost pressure. I applied a compensation based off of engine rpm and its no longer an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZj0cEMPYA

Then this is the ams2000 data showing the compensation where I dropped the pressure on the gate between certain rpm's and then increased pressure with rpm keeping the boost steady.
This is something experienced by alot of drag cars and with the ams2000 it will be history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2UMNPtUfds

Thanks so much for hanging in there with us during this journey! I assure you I have not let you down! I have done nothing but eat, drink and dream about this unit for the last 3 years.

you can email or call .

[email protected] 334 741 7100

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks very nice! What is the test pricing vs retail? Also, what kind of time line are you looking for testing results? I currently have an AMS-500 on the street car and was going to use the PRO EFI 128 ECU to control the twin 66's on the race car.

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Beautiful Seb!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We've been Beta testing the AMS2000 in my twin turbo viper. It has been working flawlessly! This is the new error of boost control! And the ultimate in protection for your engine. if you log fuel pressure or lambda you can setup parameters if air fuel goes above a certain point you can ramp power out or knock all the power out to save a engine, or setup strategies if oil pressure goes below a certain PSI pull the boost out. There are so many things you can do with the AMS 2000 you can do with any other boost controller.
It is not only a Boost controller but a full data logger that can be overlayed with your boost strategies. We have been testing it in a roll race format. But 1st weekend of next month we are taking car to Valdosta to test some quarter mile runs.

TWIN TURBO VIPER WITH GTX45R'S WITH TIAL SPORT STAINLESS HOUSINGS. 1420 HP AT 20 LBS BOOST. WILL BE TURNING IT UP AT THE DRAG STRIP !!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Not to discredit any of the hard work put into what is most likely a good product, but these safety strategies have been available for several years now built right into a ECU. There are many ECU's that have been and still are on the market that do not have any of these features, and need them. That being said, it may be a great product for those running a ECU without said safety features, but lets get on the same page about 1 thing. This is not a new thing, and not the greatest thing since sliced bread. I also assume you meant "a new era", not "error".

This is the new error of boost control! And the ultimate in protection for your engine. if you log fuel pressure or lambda you can setup parameters if air fuel goes above a certain point you can ramp power out or knock all the power out to save a engine, or setup strategies if oil pressure goes below a certain PSI pull the boost out.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strategies like boost cut or safety strategies using AF or oil pressure? Of course they have been around for a long time..nothing new...thats just one way of using some of the many inputs it has. They are not safety strategies specifically. Its very multi dimensional in its uses and easy.

stage x- retail pricing on complete unlocked units will be under 2k

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have been waiting on this unit to come out , I cannot run efi & have to run MFI so all these features/settings are very appealing to me , can't wait , nice job Seb!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've been testing this controller for the past few weeks. It's nothing shorty of awesome. Easy to use and understand. Just plot your boost curve with dots and save it to the controller. You can save 5 programs and have them on a dial for last minute changes in the lanes. This thing has tons of features. Seb had definitely hit a home run with this controller.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Do you use a CAN interface with BS3 like the Racpack? I would want to use the BS3 outputs to export to the AMS2000. Anyway to use the accelerometer to adjust the boost or the driveshaft sensor to control the curve?
Do you use standard 0-5v sensors.
Definatly interested but time is critical to me at this point.

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
If it datalogs a bunch of channels and comes in at 1200, I think it is Perfect setup for blow through . Data logging is what blow through needs.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,393 Posts
If it datalogs a bunch of channels and comes in at 1200, I think it is Perfect setup for blow through . Data logging is what blow through needs.
I use an LM-2 and an AMS-1000 now.

My impression is that the AMS-2000 is logging data fed from an ecu, is that correct Seb?

I'd sell the AMS1000 and ditch the LM-2 if the 2000 will do it all on a blowthrough setup.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry guys been real busy today.

You can hardwire stuff in as the unit has 5 volt outputs and grounds for sensors like tps, drive shaft sensor, turbo shaft sensor etc. Basically its self sufficient and doesnt rely on any ecu for logging and inputs. It has an air temp input that you can use as well as all the normal stuff.
CAN was implemented for a future display and communication, updates and an optional communication gateway in an enviroment where its really bad noise. It can be used to communicate with ecu's if you have the protocol for the CAN from the manufacture. Currently the beta unit are all using USB for updates and communication while we do in field testing. Its just easier to have everyone on the same page during beta. Eventually we will send a update out that unlocks the can and it will be functional. This will be done after we have received can protocols from manufactures of ecu's . We will test and set up pre set platforms for ease of use.

DME Racing and their prostreet turbo hayabusa just went 7.15 at 205, 7.04 at 211 and then a 7.005 at 212.79 today using it testing at MIR. They absolutely love it and say the datalogging rocks . Especially being able to overlay all your data on your target pressure curve and make the adjustments right where you need it. No more looking at their motec and then making changes. Now they have gmeter, drive shaft, boost, target pressure and a whole heap of other channels in a place where they make their power management changes. All they did was lay their curves over and make changes a bit at a time.

The 2000 will be perfect for a blow thru carb application. I didnt forget about you guys :)

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,393 Posts
Does it have wideband o2 capabilites? Or would a wideband meter with an output still be needed?

I'd be interested in testing one, but i'm WAY down the food chain.

Would it be able to lower boost based on RPM or wheel speed exceeding a certain rate?

1 - 20 of 286 Posts