Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby question.

What is the part on the left in the AMS diagram labelled 12223861 that is attached to the map sensor leads. There were four items in the kit, an SSI 60, two solenoids and the AMS unit. Is this an optional part? It this for a specific optional set-up?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright, its the GM 3 bar MAP.. This is a blow-through carb not FI. Is this needed or is the provided SSI 60 the only MAP needed?

·
Registered
455 Posts
You run the ssi 60 sensor in the top of your wastegate. It reads the pressure you are appling to the top of the wastegates. The 3 bar GM is just a different sensor if you chose to use it. You already have the ssi 60 from the kit so you do not need the GM sensor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running a twin set-up..I can use the boost channel for both right? Then if I want to use the aux channel for logging I'll need an additional MAP, another SSI 60 or the GM style?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
use the same sensor for both gates. What kind of datalogger do you have.

Most will have a analog voltage input. If so you can run a wire form terminal 16( just dubble up on it) and run it to your datalogger.
This is the transfer curve info.
.5 volts - 14.7 psi
4.5 volts= 60.3 psi

now you will see the data from the ams1000 sensor on your efi or datalogger

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No data loger currently. Thought about using the AMS AUX channel to review actually boost after a run. Boost channel can run SSI 60 across both wastegates. Have a 20 OZ CO2 tank for controller.

I was thinking I would need another MAP for the AUX channel fed with a line from under the carb?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
if you want to use the aux channel for datalogging actual boost pressure you will need another sensor to connect to the manifold pressure source. You can use a gm 3 bar map sensor or if you run more boost than that you can call any of the dealers on here and they can provide you with a 60 psi sensor.

Yes only 1 sensor is needed for the boost channel. 20 oz co2 tank is good .

regards,
seb

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anybody have any part numbers of tubing and fitting types that they like for installing the AMS? How many of you use braided? I think I've seen several guys that use pushlok and either 1/4 or 5/16 lines? Anyone have any vendors they like for these items?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does anybody have any part numbers of tubing and fitting types that they like for installing the AMS? How many of you use braided? I think I've seen several guys that use pushlok and either 1/4 or 5/16 lines? Anyone have any vendors they like for these items?
McMastercarr.com;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts