Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Erect Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the AudioControl LC6.1200 amp, (400w @ 4ohms bridged) and I want to get the Kicker CompRT subwoofer (dual 2ohm voice coils). Am I understanding correctly, this combo is a perfect match, according to the specs and Cruthfield's chart for impedance? They say 1 dual voice coil 2 ohm sub can have either 1 ohm of 4 ohms of impedance. Sounds like a match?

Thanks -
Dan

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
84,008 Posts
6 channels are usually for mids..highs..and subs...you can drop them down to 1 ohm...its all how you wire them up

·
Registered
981 Posts
Nope

Single sub is 2ohm total (doesn't say whether or not it's a DVC)

The amp puts out 400watts to the sub at 4 ohms bridged, so it may not be stable down to 2ohms

If that's the sub you really want to use, look for a sub amp that is stable down to 2ohms

I prefer to use tiny efficient amps for my systems like this one from NVX

Dirt cheap and they dyno MUCH higher than what they're rated

Here's the one I have in my minivan pushing a single 12 DVC @ 2ohms

I can bump it all day long and not worry about my battery getting drained

·
Erect Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
981 Posts
I believe it uses this sub. I do need to confirm.

According to kicker's website, it has a single 2ohm terminal, so it's either a 2ohm SVC or a 4ohm DVC pre-wired in parallel

·
Erect Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it looks like no-go. Dammit. Gotta find something to fit behind the seat in my F150 SuperCrew. I was hoping that was it.

·
Erect Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
408 Posts
Check out supercrewsound.com or just google your year, model and the words subwoofer box. I’m getting to put a couple shallow mount 10s in my 2020 Colorado. Shallow mount is the only type of sub that can fit, but I have never used a shallow mount sub before.

You want your amp to run at either 2 or 4 ohms, whichever it calls for. My Kicker 800.1 is stable at 2 ohms so I will run two 4 ohm speakers in a series to equal 2ohms.

Crutchfield has all the wiring diagrams to show you how it’s possible to get the ohms you need from 1 or 2 svc or dvc subs. If you get dvc subs you need to use both voice coils!

Two 2ohm dvc subs in series is .5ohms which not many stamps can run!

Decide on the amp and subs together, they have to match!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Check out supercrewsound.com or just google your year, model and the words subwoofer box. I’m getting to put a couple shallow mount 10s in my 2020 Colorado. Shallow mount is the only type of sub that can fit, but I have never used a shallow mount sub before.

You want your amp to run at either 2 or 4 ohms, whichever it calls for. My Kicker 800.1 is stable at 2 ohms so I will run two 4 ohm speakers in a series to equal 2ohms.

Crutchfield has all the wiring diagrams to show you how it’s possible to get the ohms you need from 1 or 2 svc or dvc subs. If you get dvc subs you need to use both voice coils!

Two 2ohm dvc subs in series is .5ohms which not many stamps can run!

Decide on the amp and subs together, they have to match!
You mean parallel (series would add the impedance)

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Kicker's spec sheet on that sub says it DVC and available with 2 ohm or 4 ohm coils.

So the speaker in that enclosure is a 4 ohm DVC wired in parallel.

Looks like Kicker made a 4 ohm version of that enclosure but it is sold out, discontinued or they haven't released the 2021/2022 version yet.

·
Erect Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kicker's spec sheet on that sub says it DVC and available with 2 ohm or 4 ohm coils.

So the speaker in that enclosure is a 4 ohm DVC wired in parallel.

Looks like Kicker made a 4 ohm version of that enclosure but it is sold out, discontinued or they haven't released the 2021/2022 version yet.
That's what I was seeing too, so I need to find the DVC 2 ohm sub to use with my 4 ohm amp.

·
Registered
981 Posts
JBL has a shallow mount DVC sub that actually uses a switchable 3rd VC that lets you choose either 2 or 4ohm (same SSI system used on my Stadium series sub)

Low buck, efficient and sounds really good for a shallow mount

The 12" version only needs .75cf and is actually cheaper and more efficient than the 10" version

·
Registered
981 Posts
While I agree you shouldn't use a shallow mount unless you absolutely need to, the OP had already posted a shallow mount sub, which is why I suggested the JBL

Dollar for dollar, they perform great for what they are and xmax shouldn't always be a deciding factor as there are many variables that go along with this rating (not to mention most manufactureres rarely list this correctly)

Sure more xmax will make sense if you're looking for the most output at super low frequencies like 20Hz, but in most cases it really isn't all that important

As for power rating, it falls well within his amp's spec @ 4ohms

1 - 20 of 20 Posts