Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine that's a serious gun guy [does his own shows etc..],
told me that the ammo [brand name] that WalMart sells, is sub quality, and made for them to sell... Anyone believe this?
I brought home my new S&W .380 Bodyguard today, and on the way, stopped at Wally World and got a box of Remington JHP's [100 for $31.97], so I could "Play" in the back yard ['cause I can]..
Well, I put a couple magazines through this thing without a hitch. The last 3 or 4 rounds, were as quick as I could pull the trigger..
Anyone care to add to this???
OBTW - This little Smith is the nicest of all these "Pocket" guns that I personally have handled... I'm very pleased with it, and I like the "Laser" also..
Maddawg

·
Registered
840 Posts
i just bought some ammo at walmart too. Looks the same,but i havent fired any yet. I dont think the manufactures would make a special batch just for them to sell but i could be wrong. I'll tell u what tho,i dont think it will be any problem & im gonna back for more,even if i dont get to fire any before then.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've heard some gun shops make that same claim, and I think it's just because most of them cant compete with sprawlmart's price, so they try to convince their customers that the "gun shop" ammo is better.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've used plenty of it in both my Glocks, AK, and AR and Mini 14 only one problem round in Glock 40 actted like primer was cracked or in backwards was Remington UMC. 1 out 500 rds. no problems with 223 or 7.62

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
so far I've only shot the remington umc .40 fmj ammo they sell in the 250rd. pack through my M&P .40

250 rounds through it and no problems. 70$ for a 250 pack isn't bad price either.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Buying ammo at Walmart is your best chance to get yourself into a government database.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I chrono'd the Federal .40 S&W out of my XDm and I'd say that it was a very standard load. For launching lead at targets on a budget it's a great deal. I've never had any problems. Now that I reload I visit there less, but I spend the same amount of money to shoot twice as much now.

·
Registered
811 Posts
You really need to wear tinfoil all the time. It's the only thing that can keep the satellites from lighting you up.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts