Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List all the American made rods, not rods like callies compstar, true 100% forged in american

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Short list with steel rods and twice as much as the foreign forgings that do work. Start with Olliver, Crower, Carillo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
List all the American made rods, not rods like callies compstar, true 100% forged in american
Carrillo, Callies, Dyers, Oliver, Crower. Not 100% sure but I believe Manley's Pro Series and Tour Lite's.

Gone are Lentz, LA Enterprise, R&R no longer makes steel rods.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have noticed lately that parts come in a box with a statement on the box with these words [ or similar ]: assembled using local components; makes me wonder if the local component is the...box.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,074 Posts
I have Olivers in my good engine, Lunati in my slower engine, not sure where the Lunatis are made, but for sub 600hp/7000rpm they should be fine. I ran Eagle stuff for years going 10.00 and they were perfect, but the crank did have to be ground brand new out of the box!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Olivers in my good engine, Lunati in my slower engine, not sure where the Lunatis are made, but for sub 600hp/7000rpm they should be fine. I ran Eagle stuff for years going 10.00 and they were perfect, but the crank did have to be ground brand new out of the box!
New turbo motor will be 1200+hp range 7000-7500 rpm

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
So are you looking for a rod recommendation for this application or?
The title was a little vague

·
Long Live The King
102,220 Posts
What engine ?

I have a set of Manley Pro I beam BBC 6.800” I’m going to be selling. Brand new in box. Have had them for 7 years or so. Let’s just put it this way ....
“Measure twice , buy once” ... come to find out because of actual deck height and head cc’s and Int. valve relief it’s just screwing up the ring pack. Need 6.700” to make it all fit correctly.
“Measure twice, buy once”. 😁

Reactions: 1Azgerman

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If you buy from a trusted, well known manufacturer, you can be confident that your parts are of top quality. Some rod manufacturers have their blanks forged offshore, but the blanks are forged from a specific reciepe of steel and produced on equipment that meets the rod manufacturers specifications and performance. Most of these offshore blanks are finish machined at the rod manufacturer's facilities in the US.

As a parallel example, steel used in the manufacture of high performance piston rings is typically sourced from Brazil. A very small percentage of material, especially steel, comes from Sweden and the US but the majority is Brazilian steel. Ring manufacturers in Europe, Japan and China also source much of their ring material from Brazil . . . . . . . .

Reactions: Mike Beck

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What engine ?

I have a set of Manley Pro I beam BBC 6.800” I’m going to be selling. Brand new in box. Have had them for 7 years or so. Let’s just put it this way ....
“Measure twice , buy once” ... come to find out because of actual deck height and head cc’s and Int. valve relief it’s just screwing up the ring pack. Need 6.700” to make it all fit correctly.
“Measure twice, buy once”. 😁
I jumped off the ford wagon and went LS, hell its just a piece of metal with brand xxx name on it..

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
You really can’t beat molnar rods for the money. They are forged off shore and finish machined right here in the states. I’ve had three sets and every one was dead nuts on measurements and weight stated on the paperwork.

·
Long Live The King
102,220 Posts
I jumped off the ford wagon and went LS, hell its just a piece of metal with brand xxx name on it..
I'm sorry to read that. I don't think we can be friends anymore.

;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts