Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made Where?

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffee pot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Amen, brother. I absolutely HATE putting foreign parts on/in my domestic cars and trucks, but sometimes there's no choice! Example: try to find a 4-pin GM HEI module made in the USA. Five years ago, Accel p/n 35361 was made in the USA. Now they're made somewhere else (Taiwan?), and so are the ones made by Pertronix. Heck, even a real GM module is probably made overseas these days. The aftermarket is being flooded with offshore parts, not only by companies like CAT, Scat, Eagle, ProComp, etc., but also by formerly well-respected companies that used to make their own parts here. Look before buying, or call the company and ask before you order it!

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Nothing manufactured in high volume is made in the US anymore
the ships arrive from China full of goods and head back empty - nice trade balence

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Seems like nothing is made here anymore.
Funny you should mention that.....

I was at Home Depot yesterday looking for some metal shelving for the garage.

Low and behold there sits boxes of the same stuff I'm looking for and it has "Made in USA" stamped all over the box. They were proud of it........even said it in SPANISH.

Thought to myself...... "self..... this is great. Since these are made in America, I'll buy two units!"

Self bought the units and headed home.

Self un-boxed the units and proceeded to get busy when self noticed that one of the eight shelf rails was too short by one inch.

I suppose the immigrant worker in QC that day was absent for tape measure 101, or blind...... or stoned..... or something.

Self and I were not pleased.

Opened the second box to see if all the parts/hardware were in order.

Guess what?

The second phuckin' box only had 7 of 8 rails!!!

Whose initials were on the 2nd box? The same FUCKING IDIOT who packed the first FUCKING BOX.

After another 20 minute ea. way drive and 30 minutes spent with CS explaining why I was NOT boxing that shit back up, and returning it for an exchange, but rather she was gonna rip open another fuckin' box and give me what the fuck I needed.....

Self and I were merrily on our way.

Got the shelves built.

They work great!

Made in USA ya know!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Funny you should mention that.....

I was at Home Depot yesterday looking for some metal shelving for the garage.

Low and behold there sits boxes of the same stuff I'm looking for and it has "Made in USA" stamped all over the box. They were proud of it........even said it in SPANISH.

Thought to myself...... "self..... this is great. Since these are made in America, I'll buy two units!"

Self bought the units and headed home.

Self un-boxed the units and proceeded to get busy when self noticed that one of the eight shelf rails was too short by one inch.

I suppose the immigrant worker in QC that day was absent for tape measure 101, or blind...... or stoned..... or something.

Self and I were not pleased.

Opened the second box to see if all the parts/hardware were in order.

Guess what?

The second phuckin' box only had 7 of 8 rails!!!

Whose initials were on the 2nd box? The same FUCKING IDIOT who packed the first FUCKING BOX.

After another 20 minute ea. way drive and 30 minutes spent with CS explaining why I was NOT boxing that shit back up, and returning it for an exchange, but rather she was gonna rip open another fuckin' box and give me what the fuck I needed.....

Self and I were merrily on our way.

Got the shelves built.

They work great!

Made in USA ya know!!!!!!
Dont be so sure it was an immigrant worker that packed those boxes. Plenty of good ole' boys around that cant read either.

I just bought new glasses, lenses made in indonesia, frames in china, goodyear trailer tires make in china, some canadian steel for some projects, bought some aluminum intercooler piping - all made in china, clamps made in china, 1/2" pipe tap made in china, 1/2" brass fittings made in china.

Face it, American industry is almost dead. Except for low volume hobby, medical and boutique items its made in China. Wont be long before the gas we buy will be made in China as well..

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Face it, American industry is almost dead. Except for low volume hobby, medical and boutique items its made in China.
Facing it doesn't mean I have to like it. How is it a good idea for us to be dependent on a foreign nation for goods? It's working out sooooo well with nitromethane.

WE NEED FAIR TRADE, NOT FREE TRADE!

·
Trolling the Trolls
16,074 Posts
My current daily driver

The steel used for if was made in Ohio by AK Steel
The motor was cast and assembled in Ohio
The transmission was also made in Ohio
The car was assembled in Ohio by skilled american workers

I've had three models of this car, over 700,000 miles total (not all mine) without any major failues.

Wouldn't you keep buying them?

BTW it's a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My current daily driver

The steel used for if was made in Ohio by AK Steel
The motor was cast and assembled in Ohio
The transmission was also made in Ohio
The car was assembled in Ohio by skilled american workers

I've had three models of this car, over 700,000 miles total (not all mine) without any major failues.

Wouldn't you keep buying tthem?

BTW it's a Honda Civic.
Yup ......

·
Drunk and Disorderly
2,251 Posts
I bet he ate Canadian bacon for breakfast :yawinkle:

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Good point, but not good enough to make me compromise my principles and buy a jap car.

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Dont be so sure it was an immigrant worker that packed those boxes. Plenty of good ole' boys around that cant read either.

I just bought new glasses, lenses made in indonesia, frames in china, goodyear trailer tires make in china, some canadian steel for some projects, bought some aluminum intercooler piping - all made in china, clamps made in china, 1/2" pipe tap made in china, 1/2" brass fittings made in china.

Face it, American industry is almost dead. Except for low volume hobby, medical and boutique items its made in China. Wont be long before the gas we buy will be made in China as well..
\
if everyone would quit trying to be so damn cheap and take a few momentst to look for usa... for about 10% more than the chinese shit you can your neighbors employed, help them keep their property out of foreclousre, keeping US Dollar value up and your property values up...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts