Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to see this big fellow Friday, and would like to know if anyone else has one and what i should look for in the breed? They are willing to let me spend some alone time with him in the back yard etc take him for walk.

I lost a dog this spring to a nasty liver infection, and have been wanting to get another pooch since.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dogs-puppies...ng/1011225202?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

·
Former RJ instigator
42,720 Posts
I don't much about the breed other then they are a beautiful dog, my neighbor has one, what a brute.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm a Rottie man myself but I'm not sure if hip dysplasia is an issue for this breed. If so make sure to check the pediatric rating on his blood line, register records should go back atleast to grandparents to make sure it has been bred out.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
We have a 4yo American bully, we've had her since she was a few weeks old, she's a very intelligent and loving gentle giant, the kids use her as a pillow when they watch tv, sometimes the dog will lay next to the coffee table and the 4yo will sit on her and color in her books on the coffee table lol, hip dysplaysia is not common in the breed as far as I'm told, we put coconut oil in her food anyways from time to time cause we were told its good for their joints, I have a pretty good feeling if you got one you'd love it dearly and the dog would offer the same In Return.

·
Meh Commander
13,756 Posts
My buddy has a male …. sweetest dog ever - big clown & lives to play - super loyal would die for him - good guard dog - slobber issues

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have one and he is the lovingness dog I have ever had , does not like other animals and slobbers bad around food , luvs kids and does not bite , 120lbs 7 yrs old

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The are big, loyal, friendly dogs. I've had two and I'd never get another breed. My first one was a 90 lb sweetheart. She was very strong and built like a lead brick, but extremely kind and gentle to everyone. She eventually died of cancer at about 8 years old. We treated the cancer and she got an extra year being spoiled 24/7 before passing on.

My second one is just 4 years old now and still a big puppy. He's taller than the first and around 83 lbs. He's had both knee's redone and I think that is pretty common in the American Bulldogs. Wasn't cheap, but I can't have my best buddy hobbling around on bad hinges. Great dog with people. Both of my American Bulldogs were/are slow to warm up to new dogs. They are very protective when other animals are around. We've also got a little corgi mix and they get along great. There is no dog I'd rather have. Put it this way... If I lived on a ranch I'd probably have a herd of them lol.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Have had several. Most important thing is to check his "nerves". In other words, if the dog is skittish or fearful of anything I'd walk away. Should be happy, and confident outside of his normal environment.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just looked @ the pics. Scott type are generally more healthy, and the longer nose allows them to breath better. If you have any info on his "pedagree". I could possibly give you more info.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok great thank you everyone, some good info. This dog is living with a pitbull and a sharpai. He loves to play from what they say and is good with other dogs cats and kids. I will have a lot of time to spend with him as i work from home, and my call outs are short when i do go to work.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt work out, the owners were not being honest about the dog, i got a bad feeling so i didnt take him. I went to the local humane society this week and got a 3 yr old rescue dog, she is a Great pyreneese. I get her next week after she has been Spayed and all her shots given. She is a big suck and the look in her eyes said she needed me. Hard to deny that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts