Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
All I got from that was that Jamey is freaking hilarious, somebody from LBK said the Lambersons are going to run it, I finally saw Pringle curse on the internet, and I saw the term 'tuna trap' used.

Pretty accurate? :smt119

So the Lambersons it is then?
Hopefully so! That's what it looks like! :supz:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There reason I posted this thread is this.

I live around 900 miles away form Amarillo and there is a young man here claiming that someone form this area bought Amarillo Dragway. I was just curious as to weather he was BSing me as he has been known to tell some extremely tall tales.

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
Hopefully so! That's what it looks like! :supz:
Man that's about the best news we could possibly get about that place. Once the shock over Jon's wreck was over, the thought sank in that we might be completely out of luck besides heading to Lubbock, Noble, Ennis, etc...Wasn't a good feeling.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Is there going to be or was there any good heads up racing there? DTR only scheduled us for 4 races this year. San Angelo is dead, Abilene is for sale but runs bracket only, and I heard Lubbock was having issues. May have to travel up there for some fun this year.

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Is there going to be or was there any good heads up racing there? DTR only scheduled us for 4 races this year. San Angelo is dead, Abilene is for sale but runs bracket only, and I heard Lubbock was having issues. May have to travel up there for some fun this year.
Sorry to hijack, who is the guy in the Malibu wagon with the blower? Been trying to find some info on him and the car, got some photos of all you ttt5 guys at DTR and didn't make it to the pits for some info on a few cars. thanks

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
You guys should try Wichita Raceway Park. One of the best hooking tracks in Texas.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
I thought one of the Farmers from San Antonio had bought it about 2 yrs ago

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry to hijack, who is the guy in the Malibu wagon with the blower? Been trying to find some info on him and the car, got some photos of all you ttt5 guys at DTR and didn't make it to the pits for some info on a few cars. thanks
That's Brad Swift in the Malibu.

The Farmers bought Desert Thunder (DTR) in Midland/Odessa.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So why do you think San Angelo is dead. They just put up this years schedule.

·
Registered
765 Posts
So why do you think San Angelo is dead. They just put up this years schedule.

Because the surface is aweful for anything other than big tire bracket cars and rails. Use to race there every time the gates opened with my Maverick and we tried to make a few passes a couple of years ago with our nitrous car but with them putting VHT down with the same hand sprayer from Bennie's days and only a stream about every six inches or so, we couldn't hook for crap.

It is a cool place and a neat layout since it's an old airport but the surface is horrible unless it has changed in the last two years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So what changes would you like to see made. Track improvements and prep, better pay out or 1/4 or 1/8 mile. Let me know what it would take to get you guy's back. If things were done different would you 10.5 guys come back.
Thanks Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts