Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not how did you fix it? I think 90* pill holders will move it in enough to clear everything, I don't really see anything else working and I can't run a carb spacer.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a crossbar plate. It has 90*'s on the side bars to clear the old setup between the fuel rails. I tried a 45* and just hooking the line straight up and it won't clear any way I've tried. With 90* jet holders it looks like that will pull the line in close enough to clear?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
If your plate has 1/8" NPT fittings, the 90° jet fittings usually do the trick. If it has 1/4-28 threads, you'll have to find another option.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My plate has the 1/8 fittings I'm pretty sure. I'm fairly certain they'll work.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just get an 1/8 pipe by #3 90* fitting. Flatten the end of the flare back even with the threads. Drill it for the jet and you have 90* jet holders without having to order any.
I actually ordered a couple last night, but I'm certainly going to try that.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car already has a 2" cowl hood and I'd like to keep it that way, looks less conspicuous like that, no a fan of the huge cowl hoods. I have about an 1-1/2" of clearance from the vent tubes on the carb, Dan DaVinci assured me it was perfectly fine.im probably not going to have any choice but a larger hood on the new motor though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts