Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thread Killer
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've noticed, I run 2 monitors,and the pics look different on each one..lol
The colors actually look better on the 2nd monitor than the one on my laptop.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
They look good to me,Skip! Is there any reason you are using + 1/3 stop EV? I ask because some cams are found to need this for more accuracy. Doesn't seem yours does.(to me)Also many photogs like to ETTR! (expose to the right) Calibrating your monitor is always good, especially of you PP your photos. Nice captures, BTW!;)

·
Thread Killer
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look good to me,Skip! Is there any reason you are using + 1/3 stop EV? I ask because some cams are found to need this for more accuracy. Doesn't seem yours does.(to me)Also many photogs like to ETTR! (expose to the right) Calibrating your monitor is always good, especially of you PP your photos. Nice captures, BTW!;)
I wanted to shoot faster shutter speeds and smaller f-stops to try to get sharper pics, and I couldn't get the exposure right, so I thought I'd bump the EV up a little to try to help. I figured maybe, if they were too light I could adjust the exposure down a little without risking noise like I get when I adjust the exposure up in Lightroom. I hope my thinking was along the right track. lol I had trouble all day shooting with the sun overhead, then to the right of me, and the cars coming out of the shade.... I could have used some advice at the time for sure, but I had a lot of fun !!! I hope I've gotten a little better as the summer went along. I am trying to keep from ending up with washed out photos...

thanks guys.

·
Prick Pro PhotoG
1,494 Posts
Only thing Im gonna say, is the first shot is almost killer, except for the fact that you were shooting on the shadow side of the track, the light looks like it was killer and perfect. The sun can be your friend if you dont have remote flash, always shoot if you can with the sun because a lot of track out there at some point in time will have killer light and you wont need flash.

Other then that the first shot it nice, its centered and looks good except for the shadow, the 2nd pic does nothing for me, car is just sitting there with a little smoke.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Pretty much agree with everything Lonnie mentioned. The second "static" shot does nothing for me either. And it doesn't say anything about your photographic skills.

So, looking at one image doesn't give much to evaluate. The angle is good but shooting the "sunny side" would help some.

·
Thread Killer
18,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much agree with everything Lonnie mentioned. The second "static" shot does nothing for me either. And it doesn't say anything about your photographic skills.

So, looking at one image doesn't give much to evaluate. The angle is good but shooting the "sunny side" would help some.
LOL, guys, I'm not taking anything said the wrong way, I really do appreciate the help, but you guys have seen some of the stuff I've posted before, and I am trying hard to just take pics that are crisp, clear, and not soft and exposed wrong. I figure I need to get that part down better before I try to "compose" a shot. I posted these to see if I'm headed in the right direction... As far as shooting with the sun, seems when I do that, there is a bad reflection on the cars and that seems to mess with me a lot., plus all the neat cars are in the wrong lane if I switch to the other side to shoot :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
plus all the neat cars are in the wrong lane if I switch to the other side to shoot :)

Seems like that happens a lot when you get set to shoot some cars sometimes. :( Yes, it is easier to back down the exposure than to underexpose with noise. You were correct in that thinking!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts