Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what you guys think. I rented a car trailer from U-Haul on Sat. I was told I could have it back on Sun. night or Mon. morning since they are closed on Sunday and be charged a single day.

I called the guy and told him I was running behind and would have the trailer back Monday evening and understood that I would be charged an additional day. I get the trailer back on Mon. but was charged for 3 days. I call U-Haul and they said since I had it on Sun. I was being charged for that day also.

This doesn't seem right since I was told I could have it back on Mon. morning and be charged 1 day but bring it back Mon. night and get hit for 3 days.

What do you think? Thanks!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I don't think it's right.But I ran into the same thing yrs. ago and their policy was to have it back by 9:00 am Mon. (IIRC) and would not be charged for Sun.
Any later than 9:00 and it counted as a full day,it was in the paper work,so I was aware of it.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
You had it 3 days.. Just because they are closed one day they should still charge rental for that day.

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it's right.But I ran into the same thing yrs. ago and their policy was to have it back by 9:00 am Mon. (IIRC) and would not be charged for Sun.
Any later than 9:00 and it counted as a full day,it was in the paper work,so I was aware of it.
I appreciate it. I talked with U-Haul and after they said no way they sent a message through to the local Manager so I wanted to know what you guys thought before speaking with him.

I will drop it and thank him for his time.

I only use a trailer maybe once or twice a year and can't see buying one.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Screw U-Haul.

Our new tenants rented a truck Monday & moved their stuff in that evening with the truck along the non-parking side of the street. When they were done unloading the truck it wouldn't start. Everything worked but the starter. They called U-Haul, who was supposed to send someone, but never did. They called U-Haul several times Tuesday and never got a response. True, it was in the middle of the ice storm, but at least they could have said they'd handle it. I started getting calls from the neighbors Tuesday afternoon, and the police that evening, who I referred to the tenants. The police department finally towed it Wednesday after trying to contact U-Haul themselves, and are billing U-Haul for the tow & impound. U-Haul is now threatening to sue my tenants because of abandonment.

I've rented many cars & trucks for business use through the years, and this BS really gets me.

Screw U-Haul.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
:-damnit

Yup, usually they give you the extra day(since they are closed) if you get it back in time for them to rent it on Monday. If not, you're SOL.

Pay up!

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
The place you rented it from DOES and can make it right. They choose not to and make a few bucks on you. Tell them you are aware of that, they could have marked it checked in on time and all would be well. He made about $20.00 off you for the deal, instead of $8.

·
16,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got off the phone with the local rep and explained it to him and admitted that I was in the wrong since hearing the feedback from you guys and that I misunderstood the agreement, in good faith he gave me a $30 coupon, so that is pretty cool of him. I appreciate the feedback/help guys!!!

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
It sounds like you had it for 3 days. I'd say you owe for 3 days.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I worked in a rental store for yrs. The policy was if you rented it sat morning it had to be back by end of day. (normally you had 24 hrs) if you kept it till monday 9am it was two days. After 4 on sat till monday 9am was 1 day even though you had it 1 1/2 days.

That's probably why they hit you for 3 days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts