Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know much about this....

Two of the tires that I am looking at to put on the rear of my truck take tubes, and I will be putting them on either 15x8 or 15x9 wheels, and the tires are 29-30" tall. The truck makes 606RWTQ, and is a 5spd manual.

These are the tires

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOO-17125/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-6557/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3762R/

The wheels are going to be either 15x8 Billet Specialties, or 15x9 Centerline Convo Pros.

How are everyones centerlines holding up? Heard a fair amount of bad things in the quality dept about them. I ruled bogarts out because they are too soft and bend.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which of the 3 tires would last longest on the street then? I imagine that one would give the least amount of traction at the track though too huh? Im probably going to have to compromise in that dept I think.

What glue do I need to buy?

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
the longest lasting will be the first 2 tires you have listed the best tire for having fun and hooking will be the last one posted the et street radial

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had good luck with the mickey radial on my cobra....

What glue do I need to pick up for them?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Somewhat off thread topic, but Bogarts are not street wheels. Rich Bogart will tell you that straight up. I have raced Bogarts for four years and have never had any problem. They are some of the lightest wheels made and you know what they say about rotating weight on a race car.. Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somewhat off thread topic, but Bogarts are not street wheels. Rich Bogart will tell you that straight up. I have raced Bogarts for four years and have never had any problem. They are some of the lightest wheels made and you know what they say about rotating weight on a race car.. Sorry for the hijack.
NP, totally on topic. The wife offered to buy one of Billet Specialties for Xmas, so that may be the route I go, just have to wait a bit longer then.

Anyone know where I can get this glue?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With any of those size tires, am I gonna be OK on a 15x8, or would I be better off trying to find a 9" wide wheel?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The glue you asking about is the Permatex Hi Tack, comes in a jar with a bursh on a stick. Works like a champ!
Keep in mind the 1st 2 tires are bias ply while the last is a radial, Big difference on a street vehicle, the radial will drive great and still offer "hook".

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first one, the hoosier, I had a hard time getting it to hook. The m/t is a better choice. imo.
Yeah, with the radial I wont have to screw around with tubes either.

Does anyone see me having any problems with any of those tires then on a 8" wide wheel?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are wanting traction the widest wheel your tire will take is normally recommended. Wider contact area=better traction. Just what I have learned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts