Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you really have a reliable TT street car? I really want to do twin 3076's on a built ls2, make around 650whp, and actually be able to drive my car but am worried it is going to become a car that is broken all the time, with issue after issue.

I would be open to other suggestions on an engine setup. I would like to stay aluminum though.

Seems like a lot of the FI cars I see around here it is always something.

Who should I talk to about a built engine, with a proven track record for reliability?

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could drive my twin 76 car all day. I would get a huge radiator and fan setup.
I already have a lot of cooling in place so that should be one less thing I need to deal with.

How many miles do you have on your set-up/engine?

I am so torn on what engine to go with as well. I sold my complete engine, so I have nothing right now. I can go in ANY direction.

I am torn between the following:

1. Drop in an ls2/ or crate s3 longblock, do ls9 gaskets, arp headstuds, cam, and call it a day.

2. Get a forged ls2 shortblock.

3. Have RED sleeve me a 5.3 aluminum truck block, and do a forged setup.

I mean I don't mind spending the extra money on a forged set-up, but if it is overkill for 650whp, and the money is better spent elsewhere, then I will save the money for when I NEED a block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts