Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What thickness ATP have you used for runners in the trailer? How wide did you make them? I was thinking if i found a 4x8 sheet i could have it sheared in 3 16" pieces and then cut one of those in half so I'd have 12' of 16" wide. What have others done?

·
T/S 368E
33,428 Posts

I bought two 4'x10' sheets and had them sheared in 1/2. I have 17" tires, so the 24" worked out perfect.
I believe they were 1/16", which I wanted it thin, just to cover my new carpet.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 10' did it get the frt. tires too? My car has 10.5's on it but I guess wider would be better. Also thought about just pads where the tires sit instead of complete runners. My floor is painted but the tires make black spots.

·
T/S 368E
33,428 Posts

I used both sheets, so I had 20' of runners.
I didn't want any tires on my carpet, so I went with full runners, instead of just pads for the tires.
I didn't care what it cost, I wanted to keep my new carpet nice, which it worked perfect.
I also carried 2 of the giant drip trays, which I ended up needing when I split a block one night.
Not a drop of oil on my carpet!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought a 4'x 12' .062" sheet and had it cut into three 16" wide pieces. I had one cut into two 6' pieces so I have 18' of runners.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Use smooth .062 instead of ATP. ATP leaves nice dimples in the tires. ATP only on the rear ramp door if you drive the car in. My whole trailer floor is .062 sheet. Never slipped, easy to clean. Slick rubber comes off with thinner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts