Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am selling my 40' triple axle. Just more trailer than I need and I do not like the triple axle. I want to get a 36' dual axle gooseneck. Ideally aluminum but would also look at a steel frame trailer. Absolute top dollar I am willing to spend is 20k, so I dont think a beat to hell used intech would even be that cheap. What other companies are making nice trailers that I can get in that price range? Want something no more than 10 years old too. Anyone have experience with Sundowner? What should I be staying away from, just the kinda no name stuff? But Pace, Haulmark, Vintage...all good units?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,925 Posts
Why don't you like the triple? I have a 30ft TAG with triples, and a 30ft GN with duals. I prefer the GN as far as towing, but the TAG has far better brakes with 3 sets of them!
If you go triple it may not matter as much with the brakes, but still, I prefer the triple.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate the scrub with the triple and how it chews up tires. For what I use it for and the distance I go, I would just rather have a dual axle.
I would imagine that most of the trailers are 15", no?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,925 Posts
I hate the scrub with the triple and how it chews up tires. For what I use it for and the distance I go, I would just rather have a dual axle.
I would imagine that most of the trailers are 15", no?
Both of my 30 footers are 16" wheels.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
16" tires have a much more choice as far as make and quality and more made in the USA. Extra load capacity makes for longer life. Some trailers have to be made special to allow the clearance for 16". Also trailer floor height may be higher with 16" tires.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
After owning a double axle trailer and now a triple axle, I won't own one again that's a double. I don't care if they scrub more or not. I don't have any unusual tire wear on mine, and it's been around plenty of corners. I also won't get a trailer that doesn't have 16" wheels and 8 lug hubs. You have way more tire options, and those options are much better than anything below them. Mine currently has three 7100 lbs axles, and I haven't regretted having the upgraded axles installed when it was built yet. I also prefer torsion axles over leaf spring suspension. Just my preference. Depending on how things go, next year I might look into getting a new trailer, and I'm looking at a 52' gooseneck. I'll keep current trailer, because it will still get used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts