Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to aluminum rods,so I have a couple questions.What oil temp is minimum at the starting line? I was told you should neutral your car at the lights,way easier for the rods.What's true,anything else I should know?Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just warm car up in the morning to 160 degrees and let the motor heat soak for a while - then turn on water pump for a minute here and there to move water around. To me this heats the oil enough for me.

Def neutral the car is much easier on rods.

And most important ( to me at least) NEW RODS every year. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do the same thing with my steel rod iron block motor.The aluminum block loses a lot of heat quick.Want to get in good habits at the start.

·
I kill parts
10,547 Posts
I don't make a hit with less than 130* oil temp. - Typically morning warm-up will usually hold throughout the day, normally 100-120ish in the lanes and 130+ after mild burn-out.

I don't neutral(th400 & I like my legs), but trans doesn't engine brake so that doesn't make much difference. I slow to a speed that would be low-gear & just click the motor off then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts