·
Age of Acquiescence
31,452 Posts
2015 Article said the samething 4 years ago
New F-150 Costs L-E-S-S to Repair
https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/07/new-f-150-costs-l-e-s-s-to-repair.html

2019 article
Aluminum Ford F-150 Costs Less to Repair than Steel Predecessors
https://www.torquenews.com/106/aluminum-ford-f-150-costs-less-repair-steel-predecessors

I'm not sure I believe it all myself after seeing that antenna ripped out of the fender costing $6,000 to repair.

Samething happened to my 12th gen and cost me $0 in body repairs and just a $30 antenna to replace.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
GM is such a joke. They keep eating crow lol. Everything hinged on a GM truck is aluminum but they couldn't quite admit defeat and make the bed aluminum lol. They also had to put a man step in the tailgate but had to over engineer it.

I've been a diehard GM guy for 35 years but they have really been screwing up lately in the design dept. The newest silverado looks exactly like a 10 year old toyota tundra. Some of the other stupid shit they did was put the def tank fill under the hood and have the tank hang down under the passenger seat. Looks like ass...
Chevy HHR aka PT cruiser lmao!

I would go back to GM if they would fire their design staff and hire Ford's team. Ford has some great looking vehicles right now. GM? Not so much....

·
Maderator
16,223 Posts
GM is such a joke. They keep eating crow lol. Everything hinged on a GM truck is aluminum but they couldn't quite admit defeat and make the bed aluminum lol. They also had to put a man step in the tailgate but had to over engineer it.

I've been a diehard GM guy for 35 years but they have really been screwing up lately in the design dept. The newest silverado looks exactly like a 10 year old toyota tundra. Some of the other stupid shit they did was put the def tank fill under the hood and have the tank hang down under the passenger seat. Looks like ass...
Chevy HHR aka PT cruiser lmao!

I would go back to GM if they would fire their design staff and hire Ford's team. Ford has some great looking vehicles right now. GM? Not so much....
I agree the def tank on the frame rail looks terrible, BUT having the fill under the hood is genius, ford has it in the fuel door and many un educated ford owners have mixed the two up...... to repair a ford fuel system that has been contaminated with Def will cost you 12-15k

·
Registered
900 Posts
That's really important when they need such frequent repair.FordRules:

Have you ever posted anything that's not a waste of time and bandwidth?

(hint; no)

What's this...you getting warmed up for GayForLife?
I expect chompnut will be along shortly to face down, ass up for you, too.

chebby fags....smfh..

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Let's see if they can get paint to stick to it this time around. They haven't had much luck in the past with getting paint to stick to aluminum. Not that I'm complaining. I make a good living fixing their mistakes.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I agree the def tank on the frame rail looks terrible, BUT having the fill under the hood is genius, ford has it in the fuel door and many un educated ford owners have mixed the two up...... to repair a ford fuel system that has been contaminated with Def will cost you 12-15k
I've seen GM owners get DEF and washer fluid mixed up under the hood. Idiots are going to be idiots, no matter what brand they drive.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Let's see if they can get paint to stick to it this time around. They haven't had much luck in the past with getting paint to stick to aluminum. Not that I'm complaining. I make a good living fixing their mistakes.
Do they use any type of epoxy primer? All the aluminum parts we make that go into the sky that get painted take a bright yellow epoxy primer. That shit doesn't come off very easy.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Do they use any type of epoxy primer? All the aluminum parts we make that go into the sky that get painted take a bright yellow epoxy primer. That shit doesn't come off very easy.
Their issue was contamination during pretreatment of the metal. Doesn't matter what you put on the substrate at that point (epoxy sealer, etc), if it's contaminated, the paint is going to fail down the road. Expeditions were especially known for failing on the hoods and tailgates.

·
Custom User Title
1,687 Posts
Like any data it can be biased to show what you want.
Give me something solid from a real body shop

·
SHERIFF
6,857 Posts
Have you ever posted anything that's not a waste of time and bandwidth?

(hint; no)

What's this...you getting warmed up for GayForLife?
I expect chompnut will be along shortly to face down, ass up for you, too.

chebby fags....smfh..
No that's you when you bought the 302 Thunderbird.....Sport

·
Señor Member
31,649 Posts

FordSux:

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
The guy actually stated: "I've been doing body-work for about a year"

Simply proves the guy's Armed & Dangerous on the subject of collision repair costs. His discussion on just replacing a door skin rather then replacing an entire door shell was fictional, not a hint of reality.

I’ll bet this comes as a surprise to the never-Forders. Brilliant strategy and
foresight did this.

https://youtu.be/Nd8BtlSKANY

1 - 20 of 46 Posts