Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a new flywheel. New engine has a 8 bolt crank old one was a 6 bolt. What brand do you all like and why? Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
All of Advanced Clutches products are SFI certified as he is SFI certified. I’ve talked to him about this idea...his flywheels don’t “blow up” at a specific RPM. I think that’s the idea about a “segmented” flywheel?

·
Registered
201 Posts
All of Advanced Clutches products are SFI certified as he is SFI certified. I’ve talked to him about this idea...his flywheels don’t “blow up” at a specific RPM. I think that’s the idea about a “segmented” flywheel?
The only thing segmented on these flywheels is the heat shield, they are bolted on instead of riveted, and not designed to "blow up" at a specific RPM. I doubt you will ever hear any flywheel maker claim his flywheel will do that. I've had one in my car for five seasons and it is still as flat as it was when it was new.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The only thing segmented on these flywheels is the heat shield, they are bolted on instead of riveted, and not designed to "blow up" at a specific RPM. I doubt you will ever hear any flywheel maker claim his flywheel will do that. I've had one in my car for five seasons and it is still as flat as it was when it was new.
Actually it was a post by Cale Aronson on the old UMTR site. He was discussing how he was spinning his flywheels (for SFI?) and it took x amount of time and x amount of RPM to fracture. It was a selling point on his segmented flywheel. I’m sure I’m going to get shit on for saying that but that’s what the post was all about.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually it was a post by Cale Aronson on the old UMTR site. He was discussing how he was spinning his flywheels (for SFI?) and it took x amount of time and x amount of RPM to fracture. It was a selling point on his segmented flywheel. I’m sure I’m going to get shit on for saying that but that’s what the post was all about.
I don't believe Cale has ever made and sold flywheels, Ram makes segmented wheels and that's what I have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I believe Cale makes them for his own setups; I talked to him last winter about a clutch for a Pontiac and asked if I could send my flywheel in to use and he said he can get the dimensions for about any engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I’m Trying to learn, I googled segment flywheels and I did not get enough to understand exactly what that means. Someone please educate me I have run automatics on race cars all my life but trying to build a street car and I wanna make it stick shift. I have had a few manual card I think that’s the way to go for a fun street car. I have 2 engines in the 500 H.p area and 200 NO2 on top.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts