Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know they are expensive but do they stand up to lots of abuse such as big boost?would like to hear goods and bads thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
Monty uses some shit to fill the water jackets that is supposed to help strengthen the block. It has the same thermal expansion rate as aluminum. I think 3M makes it. Maybe the phuckstick will post what he uses?

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
i know they are expensive but do they stand up to lots of abuse such as big boost?would like to hear goods and bads thanks.

If its a SBC application save your money and buy a cast iron block. I am not too sure how anything else holds up.. but the SBC aluminum stuff is junk!!! just my 2 cents

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I was at PAR today and Brian was assembling a 768 I think he said it was, aluminium block, split dominators on a sheet metal intake with 3 stages. It was a freshen up so someone is using BBC aluminium blocks. RM

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If its a SBC application save your money and buy a cast iron block. I am not too sure how anything else holds up.. but the SBC aluminum stuff is junk!!! just my 2 cents
The sbc stuff isn't really junk. It does move around with lots of extra atmosphere though. I agree save your dough and get an iron one from Dart. Surely you can drop some weight with the extra 2k you'll have in your pocket.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
my dart alum 10.2 block is holding up just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts