Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an aluminum BBC block that can handle 2000hp and a 4.600 bore. Don't really want to spend the money for a billet deal looking for info from anyone who has run something similar. We have a donovan right now and it isn't holding up that well. The sleeves are moving and just not getting decent ring seal.

·
Registered
678 Posts
We have a Keith black KB700. Bad ass block. Cross bolted mains, raised cam . Head studs go to the bottom of block and
pull from there. Webbing like you wouldn't believe. I will post pictures in the am. Ken Black says he rates them at 5000 HP. Awesome guy to deal with . $5200 . 10.500 deck . When u see the pictures u will believe .

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I run this block http://www.newcenturyperformance.com/Blocks.htm with a 4.60 bore and I'm very pleased. Bore's stay round (ran same rings for two seasons) and Lowell is a jewel to work with. Block price comes with all the fixtures.

Blessings.........Ron

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to Lowell the other day but wanted to hear from someone who runs his stuff. Everything he told me sounded great almost to good. Are you running a step sleeve set up and are your running water in it. We are running a blow through deal on gas no intercooler and are making about 1850 to 1900 right now and the donovan block isn't holding up like I would like.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I talked to Lowell the other day but wanted to hear from someone who runs his stuff. Everything he told me sounded great almost to good. Are you running a step sleeve set up and are your running water in it. We are running a blow through deal on gas no intercooler and are making about 1850 to 1900 right now and the donovan block isn't holding up like I would like.
Yes, I'm running a stepped sleeve. Yes I'm running a water block on gas blow thru at 2000+hp. And raised cam.
Several guys I run with run one also with zero issues.
Not one issue for me, and everything Lowell is saying is true. Best deal out there for what you get over all.
The KB and New Century are pretty much the same.

Blessings.........Ron

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i am also in the market for a new block...who sells a pan to fit it?do they come with head studs?

·
Registered
678 Posts
i am also in the market for a new block...who sells a pan to fit it?do they come with head studs?
yes, jeff johnson sells a pan, because the crank is up in the block with cross bolted mains it is a shallow pan.....the one in the picture is a wet sump regular oil pump style...very strong well thought out design for strength !!! really is a work of art...and yes if i remember right the head studs came with it....the one in the picture is a 10.500 deck...raised cam and spread rails.. big block ford cam journals.....the 4 3/4 crank falls in there !! call ken black...awesome guy...very straight forward guy !!

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The New Century comes with head studs, pan studs (includes gasket) and if memory serves me right...timing cover studs also. There included in the price.

Also comes with screw in freeze plugs on water blocks.

I had Dan Olson (actually his son) make me a pan for it. I was very impressed with there work and price.

Blessings........Ron

·
Registered
625 Posts
i have used 4 newcentury blocks in the past and all i can say is they are killer. i have two now one water and one solid. lowell is a great guy to do bussiness with and very helpfull when needed. if you decide to go with kb or new century i have a jeff johnston wet sump pan and a matching titan pump im not using as my stuff is dry sump. mine is also turbo app. but on meth. making about 2500 at the flywheel.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
how much are the new centry blocks?will be a 10.2 deck,.400 raised cam,55mm .937 lifters.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
how much are the new centry blocks?will be a 10.2 deck,.400 raised cam,55mm .937 lifters.

Home

New Features

New Options

Blocks

Gear Drives

Parts

Engines

Valve Covers

Oil Pans

All New Century blocks feature the following:

Marine

• Standard Chevrolet 4.84” bore center spacing
• Reinforced lower end “skirting”, with 9/16” main studs and double cross-bolting.
• Cross-bolted Front Main Cap
• Replaceable Ductile Iron cylinder sleeves in any semi-finished bore size up to 4.625”
• Head Studs pull from deep in the block to eliminate deck surface and upper cylinder
bore distortion
• Priority Main Oiling System
• Cam is raised .250” for increased stroke clearance
• Pan Rails are spread for increased stroke clearance
• Will accept strokes up to 5.3” with aluminum rods
• 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum Main Caps
• Billet rear caps include provisions for internal oil pump use
• Accepts Chevrolet, B.O.P., or Chrysler patterned bellhousings
• Accepts standard small cross-section aftermarket starters (right side mount)
• Six available deck heights - 9.800”, 10.200”, 10.400”, 10.700”, 11.200”, or 11.700”

Photos

New Century Block in any above deck height with Billet Aluminum Main Caps Includes:

Installed Cam Bearings, all Core Plugs, Dowel Pins, Front Cover Gasket & Fasteners, Oil Pan Gasket & Fasteners and a complete Head Stud, Nut and Washer Kit in either stepped 7/16” x 1/2” or full 1/2” for the heads of your choice.

Block with Full Water Jackets ........................................................
Block Solid .....................................................................................
$ 5540.00
$ 5778.00

Other Options:

- 54 mm cam................................................
- 55 mm cam................................................
- 60 mm cam................................................
- .904" or 1.058" .........................................
Oversize Cam Tunnel

Oversize Lifter Bores
$ 190.00
$ 190.00
$ 500.00
$ 140.00

New Century Performance
P.O. Box 727
Godfrey, IL 62035-0727
618-466-6383
fax 618-466-6172
[email protected]

You need to call Lowell for details.

Blessings.........Ron

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The KB and New Century are almost identical. Both nice. New century probably better to work with. The sleeves get pretty thin at 4.600 bore. I have a CN billet block tried to run 4.600, two passes busted two sleeves. This was more than 2000 hp, probably 3000, 60 lbs of boost. Went back to 4.500

·
Registered
365 Posts
hey red rocket nice HP numbers can you tell me moor bout ur combo i have recently made 1640 hp with a 540 106 turbo blow through non intercooler c16 18lbs 6500 how high are ur inlet temps and do you use meth inj. how fast you ran at what weight thanks for any thing you can tell me for more bout if i need to change something

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a 565, Vortech V-28 blower, 12 degree raptor head, CSU Dominator, 10 to 1 comp. 20lbs of boost at 7200 rpm. The air temp coming out of the blower is 210 degrees and 120 under the carb. We are running it in a drag boat so I don't have any info et and weight that would help you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
New Century blocks are very niece pieces for sure . Maybe look into 1/2" head studs if possible , never to much clamping force . At least 904 lifters is a good idea also .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts