Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mistakenly purchased a pair of Tial V60 Aluminium 60mm outlet flanges from Race Part Solutions. I really needed V60 Aluminium 63mm inlet flanges that mate to the valve seats and and fit within the Tial V-band clamps.

Race Part Solutions only make the outlets flanges, Tial don't make either in aluminium. I was stuck until Andy Frost AKA Red Victor put me in contact with Nigel at http://www.altiss.com/.
He turned a pair of flanges for me, they fit perfectly on the valve seats and clamps...

Just letting you all know in case any of you ever go this route. Accurate to a thousandth of an inch.....

On the left is the original S/S and the right is the ally version.

Accuracy was important due to the way it slots into the Tial valve seat and clamp.

If anyone else has waste gated a Procharged set up? How did you do it and what problems did you encounter?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I need one of those! I'm going the same route with my procharger combo. Tial 60 with AMS 1000
How long did you have to wait to get this piece?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused:
I need one of those! I'm going the same route with my procharger combo. Tial 60 with AMS 1000
How long did you have to wait to get this piece?
Jlo, Nigel took about 4 days. It was a quick turn around considering I had to mail him the original stainless version, pay electronically and then he mailed them back.. This was in the UK so you might be better off with the kind offer from Ghettosled.

Jlo, how are you plumbing the AMS1000 via manifold or CO2. Do you have an MSD 7531. If so.
Are you attaching the AMS1000 clutch/launch boost wire to the MSD 7531 launch rev limit wire?
Will you use the AMS1000 boost reduce with the MDS burnout rev limiter or stand alone.....?

Just looking for some common ground...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
:confused:
Jlo, Nigel took about 4 days. It was a quick turn around considering I had to mail him the original stainless version, pay electronically and then he mailed them back.. This was in the UK so you might be better off with the kind offer from Ghettosled.

Jlo, how are you plumbing the AMS1000 via manifold or CO2. Do you have an MSD 7531. If so.
Are you attaching the AMS1000 clutch/launch boost wire to the MSD 7531 launch rev limit wire?
Will you use the AMS1000 boost reduce with the MDS burnout rev limiter or stand alone.....?

Just looking for some common ground...
Prochamro, I'm going to use Co2 with the AMS to control the Tial 60. I also have the MSD 7531, as far as how i'm going to use this stuff i really dont know yet. I'm doing my homework on it right now. I talked to Don Bailey & he told me that it definitely works. Some guys around here say that it doesnt, but i'm trying it anyways. Bob Kurgan is in top of my list also for help with this since he is one kickass tuner & knows how to use the AMS. If you have any ideas i would like to hear them if you dont mind, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prochamro, I'm going to use Co2 with the AMS to control the Tial 60. I also have the MSD 7531, as far as how i'm going to use this stuff i really dont know yet. I'm doing my homework on it right now. I talked to Don Bailey & he told me that it definitely works. Some guys around here say that it doesnt, but i'm trying it anyways. Bob Kurgan is in top of my list also for help with this since he is one kickass tuner & knows how to use the AMS. If you have any ideas i would like to hear them if you dont mind, Thanks!
As far as I can make out you can position the wastegate down stream of the BOV. (closer to the supercharger). Attach it to the charge pipe at 45degs or as close to that angle. BOV under throttle blade reference. W/G reference above throttle blade, possibly tee into fuel regulator reference.

After that I guess it's just tuning and getting a balance between boost and timing retard to control wheel spin... It would also be benficial to have the blower ratio high as possible without over spinning...

It should be great for a street/strip combo. You could turn a 1500hp monster into a 600hp pussy cat at the flick of a switch!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Im interested to learn more about this.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Beautiful work Mike! Thanks for getting this flanges done for me so quick. I'm sure you will be hearing from me on future purchases. Good service goes along way with me, thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts