Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a motor plate and mid plate. Trying to get ideas to mount an alternator. Its a SBF turbo car. Any suggestions or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
we have done 8206-5 off 96 Chev trucks converted to one wires a few times now. Fairly easy design to adapt to a flat surface. big bearings, good potential outputs, and avalanche diodes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here is how we did ours. The slot is for the motorplate. The alternator hangs down below it and has an adjustment rod over to the frame rail.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Here is how we did ours. The slot is for the motorplate. The alternator hangs down below it and has an adjustment rod over to the frame rail.

Where did you get this bracket?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Some things cant be bought! I made that bracket, chunk of aluminum and a bridgeport will get it done. If you are attaching to a motor plate llike we did it isnt that bad. For adjustment, I welded a tab on the frame and used a turnbuckle from the tab to the alternator to tighten the belt

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Some things cant be bought! I made that bracket, chunk of aluminum and a bridgeport will get it done. If you are attaching to a motor plate llike we did it isnt that bad. For adjustment, I welded a tab on the frame and used a turnbuckle from the tab to the alternator to tighten the belt
A lot of times you can just go straight to the motor plate for the pivot bolt, adding a spacer to align the pulleies. then use the tab on the frame as you have for adjustment.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
A lot of times you can just go straight to the motor plate for the pivot bolt, adding a spacer to align the pulleies. then use the tab on the frame as you have for adjustment.
Thats what I did and just fabbed up a bracket to the frame and a adjuster rod to tighten things up.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
i didnt have room on the motor plate as the turbo kit was tight so i did this instead

as you can see it was tight and it fit lol

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
you both are likely not going to be happy with your choice of alternators. Should really look at something based on the CS130 alternator instead of the 10-12SI Series. Way better bearings, better low end performance and avalanche diodes.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
This was made up for a GM 1 wire alternator on a big block Mopar. I used a Big End billet bracket p/n 50140, $95. Bracket was for a BBC.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Do you mean me Ray ?
Yes. Obvisous with cash invested you might try running it, but at the first sign of low voltage I would change it out.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have been running the current alt.for 3 years and so far so good. You have given me advice in the past on getting my Deka Intimidator, alt. wire sizing,battery wire and starter wire sizing and every bit of it has worked out great .Thanks for all the advice and would you have a link to the alt. you are talking about ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

I am interested in one of those alternator brackets for my car. I was wondering how much would it cost. If you could please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts