Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent yesterday morning shopping for a small semi-auto that will double as a primary weapon for my wife and an occasional carry gun for myself. I looked at a lot of stuff and found a lot of the 9's had a slide that was too hard for her to operate comfortably. A couple of 380's were better, but were either too small for my hand or just didn't appeal to me.

I found the Sig P238 to be exactly what I was looking for. My only issue with it is its price. I was really trying to keep this purchase to $450 max. So I guess my question is, is there a single action 380 out there with dimensions features similar to the 238 (especially the safety) that might fit my budget?

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I spent yesterday morning shopping for a small semi-auto that will double as a primary weapon for my wife and an occasional carry gun for myself. I looked at a lot of stuff and found a lot of the 9's had a slide that was too hard for her to operate comfortably. A couple of 380's were better, but were either too small for my hand or just didn't appeal to me.

I found the Sig P238 to be exactly what I was looking for. My only issue with it is its price. I was really trying to keep this purchase to $450 max. So I guess my question is, is there a single action 380 out there with dimensions features similar to the 238 (especially the safety) that might fit my budget?
Spook.... There aren't any... Just do it...

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spook.... There aren't any... Just do it...
As soon as I picked it up I knew it was the gun I was looking for. At the time I had no idea what the price was but I knew it was out of my range. By the time I put it down I had already begun the rationalization process. :p

In all seriousness though, I really like this gun but I can't believe it's the only one out there that will fulfill my requirements. I either have to keep looking or start saving up my pennies.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
As soon as I picked it up I knew it was the gun I was looking for. At the time I had no idea what the price was but I knew it was out of my range. By the time I put it down I had already begun the rationalization process. :p

In all seriousness though, I really like this gun but I can't believe it's the only one out there that will fulfill my requirements. I either have to keep looking or start saving up my pennies.
When I met you at YB Nats, a couple years ago.... I had one in my pocket..;)
Save your pennies and get one.. I sold mine, but replaced it with a P938..... Even better... Just more $$$$$...
OBTW..... Still Love that "Grill Cleaner"...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

It's worth every penny...

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
When I met you at YB Nats, a couple years ago.... I had one in my pocket..;)
And I thought you were just happy to see me. :p

I am going to bring my wife shopping with me next time and see if there's anything else that appeals to her. I have a feeling she's going to like the 238 as much as I did though. She'll just have to be comfortable at home with my Ruger GP101 until we save up enough for the Sig. It's a bit much for her with .357 mags but she's good with it using .38's.

It's worth every penny...
I have no doubt of that but I must have Scottish blood - I am likely the cheapest mf'er you've ever met, lol. If there's a way to get a deal or save a buck, I'll find it.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
And I thought you were just happy to see me. :p

I am going to bring my wife shopping with me next time and see if there's anything else that appeals to her. I have a feeling she's going to like the 238 as much as I did though. She'll just have to be comfortable at home with my Ruger GP101 until we save up enough for the Sig. It's a bit much for her with .357 mags but she's good with it using .38's.
Rent one at a Range [if you can], and take her with you... You'll have one soon after that..;)

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did look at the Bodyguard briefly but I was somewhat unfamiliar with its function. I'm sure a few minutes with it and a few questions answered and I'd be up to speed but I thought my wife might be a little confused (and therefore uncomfortable) with it.

·
Senor Frog
8,949 Posts
I did look at the Bodyguard briefly but I was somewhat unfamiliar with its function. I'm sure a few minutes with it and a few questions answered and I'd be up to speed but I thought my wife might be a little confused (and therefore uncomfortable) with it.
also check out the LCP,its a little cheaper and a very popular seller
the P238 is single action,which means you have to carry it
cocked and locked and for some like myself id rather now

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
also check out the LCP,its a little cheaper and a very popular seller
the P238 is single action,which means you have to carry it
cocked and locked and for some like myself id rather now
The LCP felt a little too small in my hand if I remember correctly, but I do want to check it out again. I too had my reservations about carrying the 238 cocked and locked but somehow that went away as soon as I picked it up. I think it was the function and the position of the safety that I liked so much. I don't think I would be uncomfortable carrying it in that state.

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I was just poking around and found a couple of extended grips or thicker floor plates for the LCP. That might help the gun feel a little better in my hand but I still have to try it out and see. The LCP is double action only, correct?

·
Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What was the price as I picked mine up for $550 but I did see some at the gun show for $500 recently. Price has come done since the 938'S came out. I'm still waiting for those to drop in price.
The used one I saw was $500. New it looks like they're available online for high 5's and up. If I could find a real nice used one in the 4's I'd probably jump on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.