Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I just have a few simple questions. The motor is a 9.75:1 383sbc, 750dbl pump carb, Victor Jr manifold, Regular GM 2.02 / 1.60 cast iron heads off a '70 Chevelle with some port work, a small nitrous grind from Comp Cams (.505 lift and a 113 lobe separation I believe) , NX Hitman plate kit (100-200hp MAX) coming in off a Edelbrock Progressive.

Now that all that is out of the way, it has come time to plumb the fuel system in this car. I have a stand alone fuel cell for the nitrous with a Holley Blue and an 803 regulator.
Questions on this:
1. Would -6AN line be ok to plumb the nitrous fuel system with or should I use -8AN?

2. What fuel should I run in the nitrous fuel cell to be as safe as possible for such a mild shot? (I’m not looking to set the world on fire here, just looking to have a little fun.)

3. Should I run a return line from one of the output sides of the regulator back into the fuel cell or just deadhead it?

Now onto the fuel system for the engine. I’m using an 803 regulator and an edelbrock mechanical fuel pump and am planning on tapping into the metal feed line that came factory on the car to feed the pump. Questions:

• Should I use -6 or -8 to plump the engine fuel system?

****And last question, I still need to tune the car N/A for now. What brand, part number, and heat range spark plugs should I use? After it is tuned, what brand, part number, and heat range plug should I use when on nitrous? Again, a safe tune is all I’m after.

Thanks again guys, I really don’t mean to be a pain with all these questions.

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
-6 Line should be fine for nitrous fuel side..

Not sure what fuel your running engine on, but even a 110-112 should work great for nitrous side..

If it were mine, I would just dead head the nitrous reg and make sure you just set the fuel pressure flowing..

On the engine, my guess would be a -6, most stock feed lines are only 3/8 as well...

Hope this helps.. SJ

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From the king himself! Thanks for the input Steve, I just received the purge kit, short nitrous lines and solenoid mounts from you. I was pleasently supprised to see the black fittings. I mentioned to your guy when i was ordering that i was doing a black and silver theme under the hood but i never thought he would make the hoses with black fittings. They look AWESOME!!!! Thank you again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts