Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long did your Allison transmission last in your Duramax powered truck before you had trouble w/ it?
I'm asking b/c I'm looking at buying a high mileage (198k) 2500HD.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
never a problem. 01' with 148k Flushed every 50k and change the screw on filter every 30k.

·
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
21,399 Posts
How long did your Allison transmission last in your Duramax powered truck before you had trouble w/ it?
I'm asking b/c I'm looking at buying a high mileage (198k) 2500HD.
06 with 190,000 miles. Not one single issue. That damn truck is bullet PROOF!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Not a pickup, but the ones in our ambulances are good for 80 or less....of course they're loaded to the max and we keep our foot in the radiator most of the time. I would imagine 80k ambulance miles translates into a whole shit ton of regular miles...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mines in the shop now 42k. When it's cold out only 4th and 5th gear work. I think they are replacing the shift solenoids. Yesterday it was -40 degrees at work. Steamboat Springs Colo

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Considering I didn't pull the dipstick out of my 01 F250s 7.3 transmission until 200,000 miles I find all the talk about Allison’s reliability laughable!

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Allison transmissions are the best period!!!! I have over 200,000 miles on my dmax , original motor & transmission
on mine

·
Cowboy up
1,690 Posts
They will last a loonnnnggg time if you do the regular fluid change intervals.. The owners manual says every 25k i believe.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,542 Posts
NOW.... HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE PROGRAMMERS.....AND WHAT SETTING DO YOU HAVE IT ON?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Considering I didn't pull the dipstick out of my 01 F250s 7.3 transmission until 200,000 miles I find all the talk about Allison’s reliability laughable!
And I find your lack of vehicle maintenance knowledge and skills laughable.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
165,000...change the screw on filter every 25,000 and new filter in pan every 80,000...not a problem....i'm towing a 28' haulmark loaded with race car and stuff...setup is outstanding...thats towing at 75-80 most trips.

·
Registered
986 Posts
My buddy has been looking for a dually to replace his SRW F350. So he calls the other day and asks me what I think a Duramax/Allison is good for mileage wise. Says he found one in the paper that he thought had to be a misprint so he called on it. 06 2wd dually crew cab loaded. $8500. I told him they ought to go ~300k without too many issues. He laughed and told me it was no misprint this thing had 636,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

Craig

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,542 Posts
My buddy has been looking for a dually to replace his SRW F350. So he calls the other day and asks me what I think a Duramax/Allison is good for mileage wise. Says he found one in the paper that he thought had to be a misprint so he called on it. 06 2wd dually crew cab loaded. $8500. I told him they ought to go ~300k without too many issues. He laughed and told me it was no misprint this thing had 636,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

Craig
HOTSHOT

1 - 20 of 106 Posts