Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have got the cummins in my motorhome running good and now the trans. will slip in 5th gear if I try to push it hard. I installed a transgo shift kit which replaced 2 valves behind the servos and don't see where that did any good. I think I need to raise the pressure but not sure how to do it. It's a MH2500 series trans. I know what I'm using this thing for is a little out of the normal for this trans. , on Allison's web site they rate the trans. for 33000 lbs . The motorhome and stacker trailer weighs 51000 lbs .

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
i'll see what i can find out for you.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Looks like the 2500 can be rebuild no problem, however if you can get a MH 3000 in there it would be much better as it has a better weight rating.

a quick search would show they go for about 5-6k new.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about that but just worried about what else will be involved in doing the swap. TCM , driveshaft, electronic shifter, and probably a few other things I'm not awhere of.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Automatic Specialties in Virginia Beach, VA. 757 498 0133 Allisons are their specialty. Good guys over there. They are in the building next to my work. They do alot of work on big trucks and busses with allison trannys.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks talked to Lendon there and he was definately helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts