Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
How do you think South Korea got ahead of it? Someone tests positive, test their family and any contacts.
It's a lot easier to do that with a population of 50 million and not 330 million.

Asymptomatic people are not being tested. People with symptoms get tested, and even with that they have to burn a high number of tests to get a positive.

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
Corona is 1.4 - 3.9.

Seasonal flu is 0.9 - 2.1.
The CDC range on how many have had the flu is basically a guess.

The corona viral pneumonia numbers will be as well. They are tracing the death rate in Michigan, and confirmed cases. It running 1-2% right now.

HOWEVER, I know two people in my family who are today "presumed positive". One is my BIL who is a hospital tech on respirators and lots of other machinery. The other is my nieces husband who sells heavy equipment. Neither will show up in the denominator. Both have mild symptoms. Who knows exactly how many folks actually have contracted this disease?

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
It's a lot easier to do that with a population of 50 million and not 330 million.

Asymptomatic people are not being tested. People with symptoms get tested, and even with that they have to burn a high number of tests to get a positive.
In Michigan most people with symptoms are NOT being tested, only those with sever respiratory problems. Of course there are some exceptions, for example nurses and doctors, police, and others.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
The CDC range on how many have had the flu is basically a guess.

The corona viral pneumonia numbers will be as well. They are tracing the death rate in Michigan, and confirmed cases. It running 1-2% right now.

HOWEVER, I know two people in my family who are today "presumed positive". One is my BIL who is a hospital tech on respirators and lots of other machinery. The other is my nieces husband who sells heavy equipment. Neither will show up in the denominator. Both have mild symptoms. Who knows exactly how many folks actually have contracted this disease?
My daughter ( an ER nurse) told me today that they're getting more positives. Another nurse there got infected doing tests and is currently in ICU on a ventilator. They're trying to get by with what PPEs they have. My son-in-law is laid off and is taking their kids to his moms until this is over. It's getting close to home.

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
My daughter ( an ER nurse) told me today that they're getting more positives. Another nurse there got infected doing tests and is currently in ICU on a ventilator. They're trying to get by with what PPEs they have. My son-in-law is laid off and is taking their kids to his moms until this is over. It's getting close to home.
Hope all goes well.

We will all get this virus, testing or not. You cannot stop it.

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
I have a client who is a doctor, a Chinese national living in the US now. She is in China often and is close to this issue.

She said the most perplexing part of this virus is why some people get a cytokline storm in the immune system, and most do not. This reaction is killing people.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Thanks friend!!!

Were not all dumbasses, some of us even know the difference between an oh and a zero...

GO TRUMP!!!

Gmrocket hails from canada and has schooled the fuck out of Frozetard repeatedly. Not all canadians are mental

·
Registered
32,766 Posts
really? gotta see that....

I doubt he runs any serious business,,if so, he would not be a lefty...………….any business person knows the left taxes and regulates you to death

·
Registered
32,766 Posts
I've been in the transportation business for 17 years. I also do some tuning on the side as a hobby.
You have ONE truck ... that's a sole proprietorship.

I had 8 rental single homes and half shares in two apartment buildings at my peak back in the day did that make me a REIT?

You just keep digging and digging deeper and deeper into a pit of bullshit. Which matches the content of your head.

·
Dicking bimbos at home
14,174 Posts
Whoopsie doopsie

·
Registered
54,431 Posts
Whoopsie doopsie
Is this some sort of reverse-hoax? Serious.

·
Dicking bimbos at home
14,174 Posts

·
Registered
32,766 Posts
you say you are

thanks man.....5oh is a real fuckhead

very very few like him here, and if they are, they are women
Do many play dress up like little kids?

·
Dicking bimbos at home
14,174 Posts
That's a lot of egg on your face when the real numbers come out.

·
Registered
22,727 Posts
once testing is widely available, and this number will still be understated by 10s of millions, the death rate for this virus will plummet to near overreaction levels.

H1N1 was FAR worse than Wuhan Virus because of who it attacked.

2009 (H1N1) flu pandemic

Back in 2009, a new type of flu — an H1N1 strain — popped up and people panicked because we didn’t have a vaccine and the novel strain was spreading fast.
Like COVID-19, there was no immunity at the start of the outbreak. We did have antivirals to facilitate recovery, and by the end of 2009, we had a vaccine which — combined with higher levels of immunity — would provide protection in future flu seasons.
Still, it claimed over 12,000 lives in the United States.
  • Key symptoms: fever, chills, cough, body aches
  • First detection: January 2009 in Mexico; April 2009Trusted Source in United States
  • Global cases: about 24 percent of global population; 60.8 million U.S. cases
  • Global deaths: over 284,000; 12,469 in the United States; death rate was .02 percent
  • Most affected groups: children had the highest rates; 47 percentTrusted Source of children between 5 and 19 developed symptoms compared to 11 percent of people ages 65 and up
  • Treatment available: antiviralsTrusted Source (oseltamivir and zanamivir); most people recovered without complications
  • Vaccine available: H1N1 vaccine research started April 2009 and a vaccine became available December 2009
  • End of pandemic: August 2010

Wuhan attacks the same high risk group that self isolates every flu season. Aged, frail, immunodeficient, chronic, polychronic, COPD and other respiratory related challenges. tThis is the group who should be isolated, with additional precautions, so the rest of us can get back to the ant hill and stop the Nation from economic collapse.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts