Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
Hey that limited street looks like the rule's were almost writen for me :-D what kind of time's were run last year ? what was the record time and MPH ? how many car's do they get ?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They only ran a couple of races last year and I was out of the loop on it.... They expect the cars to run in the 8.30-8.20 range (on the quick end, I won't touch that).... Should be at least 16+ cars that will run locally.... The track has come a long way in the last year and next year is expected to only get better....

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is always the quick 16 (not sure how quick you are but 8.99 should get you in).... There was a guy at the meeting trying to get the F2 approved and also admitted to running 180 mph at 3500 lbs.... :shock: Guess why the F2 wasn't allowed.... It is not expected that anyone else will run over 170... :cry:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Leave it to one guy to Phuck it up for everyone else. :-D My car should go 8.50's, maybe 40's at 165 or so. I think I know the guy you are talking about. I think he spins his blower alot harder than I do. I may come and test while you guys race. At least it will be a good track. Maybe next year I'll be legalized.

Pooch

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jason, you can always be first round bait with me in Prostreet. dont know how far they will payback but last Sept. 1st round loser made money.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm thinking all F2's run the 10.0 class and pull the chutes at the 1/8th :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Pooch565 said:
Leave it to one guy to Phuck it up for everyone else. :-D My car should go 8.50's, maybe 40's at 165 or so. I think I know the guy you are talking about. I think he spins his blower alot harder than I do. I may come and test while you guys race. At least it will be a good track. Maybe next year I'll be legalized.

Pooch
Jason I wish I could have made the meeting as I believe the F2 w/out intercooler could have been lobbied,but I will work on the grove deal to see if we can get you in. :D

Later

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Jason, I may take you up on that offer. They probably wouldn't let me race cause I have the evil sub 7 second F2 :smt018

Kelly, I would love to have a good shot of my car from you. Maybe I can do 1/8 mile shots and let off for the 10.0 class. A good wheels up launch picture would make my day.

Rizzo,
You do all the lobbying you can man. A big steak dinner is waiting for you if you can get me legalized. Damn they should call me Pot not Pooch :smt025

·
Registered
645 Posts
I don't think it would've mattered at the 41 meeting. I think the comment that sums it up best was, "You haven't been around long enough to see all the classes turbos and superchargers have screwed up".

They'll say, "Just buy an F1R and come race".

Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Maybe I can get Summers and the boys to stick F2 guts in the smaller volute F1R. You wanna see them piss and moan. Shit I'd be tickled to go 8.50's. I just cant see turning people away before the season even starts. I suppose I see their point though. We have this Phreak Street Class in the VFN series here in Terre Haute. It didnt take long before a 4.80 car showed up and the crying started. I think at the last race they had like 3 cars show up. Nobody wanted to come because they didn't feel welcome. I'm sure Denny and the guys want to have a bunch of cars, and If there is the possibility of a combination spoiling it and cars not coming I can see their point. Hell, I would think they would want to take my money and watch me struggle anyways. I usually break by the 2nd time pass :-D I'm sure I'll see you there. Maybe Rizzo can get me in at the Grove.

Jason

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Pooch565 said:
Maybe I can get Summers and the boys to stick F2 guts in the smaller volute F1R. You wanna see them piss and moan. Shit I'd be tickled to go 8.50's. I just cant see turning people away before the season even starts. I suppose I see their point though. We have this Phreak Street Class in the VFN series here in Terre Haute. It didnt take long before a 4.80 car showed up and the crying started. I think at the last race they had like 3 cars show up. Nobody wanted to come because they didn't feel welcome. I'm sure Denny and the guys want to have a bunch of cars, and If there is the possibility of a combination spoiling it and cars not coming I can see their point. Hell, I would think they would want to take my money and watch me struggle anyways. I usually break by the 2nd time pass :-D I'm sure I'll see you there. Maybe Rizzo can get me in at the Grove.

Jason
Tell me more about your car... Thanks.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Ok, here's the skinny on the Poochmobile.

82 Olds Cutlass
Stock suspension, DTS Dana 60
28x10 MT stiff slick
3.73 gears
Dedenbear case Glide
1.80's
Coan 10 inch convertor ( Praying it's tight enough this year)
565 Chevy w/ F2 Non intercooled
Dart heads (Pro 1's 345's)
Quickfuel blowthrough carb
C16 fuel (of course :smt038
Product Engineering 460 pump
Product Engineering regulator ( going to experiment with an Aeromotive this year)
Full interior
Still street driven
Dynoed 1201 at 6500 at 18psi
Hopefully around 1400 now, but haven't been to the dyno in 2 years
I have been 5.52 @ 128 in the eighth. 1.29 sixty foot
Oh it weighs 3470lbs w/ me in it.

I melted 3 pistons in July, and parked the car because of my Wedding in March. Those things cost a ton!!! My convertor crapped out on me and I didn't lift. It went lean and detonated. I changed headers from a Hooker 2in to a Lemons with 2.5 inch primaries to a 4.5 collector to a 4.5 in top ten muffler. ( I like the sound better than the bullets). I had the heads ported with the focus on the Exhaust, swithching to shaft rockers, putting a rack on it and that about does it. Oh, It was making like 27psi. I would like to bring this down and still make the same power. Supposedly the porting should help :smt102

And that is my highly illegal Slowsmobile, at least at US41 :evil

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Thanks Chuck :smt023 Hopefully I will get it around 3450 this year and 1.26 sixtys or so. I have never had this combo on the quarter yet, so I'm pretty excited to see what it will do. It has a parachute and good brakes!!! I hope to come to Milan a couple of times this season. I talked to Chris Baxter a couple of weeks ago and he seemed interested in doing a small tire class, stock suspension deal. Ought to be cool!!

Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jason, I doubt they would let you run prostreet either being its a nitrous only class...I forgot.

I think your right about VFN phreak street dieing. How you can have a class thats supposed to be for the "locals on a budget" & allow unlimited power adders, any fuel & tube chassis is beyond me. fudging the rules on occasion didnt help things either. There was a better turnout for the class when it ran the original rules & was at Coles County & the payout was about half.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts