Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to see who has delt with the all pros. I talked to the guy at all pro yesterday and i forgot to ask him a few questions, So any help would be appreciated.

1 what manifolds fit the RR245 and can i use a convencial type and run spacers or is there a manifold for those heads.

2 what part number valve springs are you guys running to get atleast .800 lift and along with that, what length valves.

3 I know ron's porting service cnc's these heads and have some good numbers, who else has a really good cnc program for them?

4 Is there any other problems with running these heads (I know they use offset rockers and lifters)

5 what kind of power numbers have you guys seen out of them. I need to make 800 with a single alchol carb. tunnel ram or single plane. Is that a possibilty.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
Have lots of experience with that head.

1. 23 degree Raised runner intake fits those heads. Or, if you fancy, you can make a better 18 degree style intake fit with work.

2. Valve length is generally around 5.600 long. give or take to your desired Installed Height.

3. All Pro themselves have good programs for them. Rons Porting has a very good program for them, and Clements Racing has programs too. Not sure if Curtis does or not.

4. No Problems, the castings are very robust.

5. They will support upwards of 900 hp with 420 inchs. Possibly more wtih a big effort.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes I have a very good cnc program for them, . . .
picked up a set BES did by over 20 hp, ..

have a set in stock,

Curtis
I find this amusing. Big Name reputable engine builder gets a recommendation and Curtis comes along and says, yeah no big deal I yanked another 20 horses out of his head. God, I love this place.

Curtis, once I'm done building the kids cars (low budget) I am going to give you a call.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I run a 6.00 valve in my RR245's. The spring part # 26028 Comp.
Jesel also has a program for a taller rocker stand if needed. You will definitely have to put all of the exhaust valve springs on after the head is installed on the engine with #26028 spring.

Dowling Porting Service 717-486-8744 also has a good CNC program for the ALL-PRO's

J.L.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
You sure about that John?

I've never seen a valve that long in these heads. 5.600 will generally give 2.150 or greater installed height. 5.650 2.200......

My prokings take a 6 inch valve and that's the tallest sb head I ever seen.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I find this amusing. Big Name reputable engine builder gets a recommendation and Curtis comes along and says, yeah no big deal I yanked another 20 horses out of his head. God, I love this place.
I didn't mean that to "sound" that way, .. BES are VERY good at what they do, .. and we have no idea what restrictions the customer put on them.

I try to be more humble then this, . ..

Chris, I have valves over 6" in my symmetrical port SBC and some of my 13,12 & 10 wedge heads.

Curtis

·
Registered
702 Posts
You sure about that John?

I've never seen a valve that long in these heads. 5.600 will generally give 2.150 or greater installed height. 5.650 2.200......

My prokings take a 6 inch valve and that's the tallest sb head I ever seen.
:oops: Chris, I was wrong my valve length is 5.650. That is what I get for thinking that I know something. Good Catch! LOL

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I didn't mean that to "sound" that way, .. BES are VERY good at what they do, .. and we have no idea what restrictions the customer put on them.

Chris, I have valves over 6" in my symmetrical port SBC and some of my 13,12 & 10 wedge heads.

Curtis
Curtis,

From everything I have read you are modest, forthright, and as my daughter would say, have mad skillz...

Oh, and a set of used, well worked 23* Vics with shafts and assorted hardware for 1500 would put you in my family photo album.:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Have lots of experience with that head.

1. 23 degree Raised runner intake fits those heads. Or, if you fancy, you can make a better 18 degree style intake fit with work.

2. Valve length is generally around 5.600 long. give or take to your desired Installed Height.

3. All Pro themselves have good programs for them. Rons Porting has a very good program for them, and Clements Racing has programs too. Not sure if Curtis does or not.

4. No Problems, the castings are very robust.

5. They will support upwards of 900 hp with 420 inchs. Possibly more wtih a big effort.
What 18 degree do you suggest starting with and what does this involve extra wise? Curtis has a set of these in the mail for me now. Thanks Curtis;). Thanks Chris for any info.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts

Curtis

After checking my pk valves are 6.500 long.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts