Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go 8.75 in my car how much more hp will I need to go 8.65 with everything the same. Also how much hp do ya think it takes to go 8.60's. Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
might not take hp at all!!!

if you can get the motor to accelerate better you will pick up

is there something you can do to pick up air speed in the motor??

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
TCI had various mathematical forumulas on their website.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I always thought a tenth was 30-35hp in our ET range. I know I picked up around 3 tenths when I gained 90-100hp.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
TCI had various mathematical forumulas on their website.

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
I think you'll need 50 hp over what you have now Bruce to run bottom 60 in the heat... that number might be a touch high, but better to be on the other side...

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
FINALLY! Someone asks the important questions! Geezus!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Are you sure there's nothing left in the car?

SS/AH cars run numbers like that in less than ideal density altitudes at around 3170 lbs. with ~890 - 915 HP.

They probably have a traction advantage but there may be other things you can find in your car (rolling resistance, under hood temp management, forward-facing hood scoop, robust electrical system, etc. etc. etc.) that will pay you back with performance gains at a lot less cost than bumping the engine up 50 HP.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you'll need 50 hp over what you have now Bruce to run bottom 60 in the heat... that number might be a touch high, but better to be on the other side...
So would it be safe to say it takes about 50 hp to gain every tenth at 3350lbs or does the hp requirement go up as et gets lower. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
Bruce I don't think 50 hp is a tenth. I am only suggesting based on your current 'average' ET's, that I would want about 50 hp to guarantee, an 8.60 pass, over and over in the heat.... without it being a perfect 60 foot, etc...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
28 to 32 HP more for a tenth. 1012 HP using our gauge is enough. If you have not since the last time I seen your car run, take a good look at your bump steer. You may already have enough power to run in the 60's.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Earlier this year I went a .72 pass with the air at 1800 feet. At the last race the air was 3000 foot on my .76 pass. So I think I'm going in the right direction. I would just like to make a 69.999 pass in the heat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts