Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Re: Limits of Yukon thru-bolt aluminum case?

they have a nice Aluminum Bolt through with a support bolt for the Ring gear. I helped a friend who ran them and it is like anything else. They held up good but tire shake would kill them. Then again I have not seen a rear end that didn't get hurt when that happens ;)

Anyone know if the Yukon case is American made or Chinese or?

I have a Moser thru bolt and it is good quality.

I had MW stuff before and it is great quality.

If anyone needs the pinion depth set up tool that only works on MW center sections, I have one. Makes changing ring and pinion easier. The reason it only works on MW is because they are the only brand that has a specific standard measurement point. Others are all over the place. Another point for MW quality.

Yes, Speedmaster is the new name for Pro Comp. Every few years you need to change your name to avoid your previous bad reputation. JMO.

Things to remember cases generally don't break they deflect allowing excess clearance and the gears break first and then the case can fail.

Tire shake and not lifting when it starts is the main gear killer....HP is just easier to quantify (by vendors) for sales purposes.

Axle failure or gear failure can be a lot more expensive than just replacing the broken parts.

Poorly meshed/loose gears will break no matter their size of quality.

Gears are like most parts they have a finite life and routine inspection, or after a weekend of tireshake is a good way to save tracks money on concrete barriers.

Which MW 3rd member would be most suited for a 3200lb/1500hp /28"x 10.5" occasionally street driven car? I see on their website Pro Mod..Eco Dragster..Top sportsman...etc..not sure which one...I have a Fabricated 9" housing looking to use 40 spline axles with a spool....

Re: Time to make a decision on 9" center.

how much for the 9'' case need a 9'' not 9.5'' 3.250 callme 352 667 2161 ty
Will call you shortly sir

Pretty sure the speedmaster rear end is a tds and was told made in Australian company, I bought one with the lightweight spool and 35 spline, is bolt through and like others have said 1200 hp.
all the speedmaster internals are tds as well.
not pro comp but tds was purchased by speedmaster, but I could be wrong.

Am looking for a strong through bolt alloy 9" case the considerations are
1/ Moser # 3250ALU @ ~$524
2/ YukonDOF9-3-325 @ ~$308
3/ Mark Williams #57440 @ ~$620
or any other suggestions please.

Is anyone able to shed any light on why there is such a price variation between these 3 units, when specification wise they appear identical.
Who of you is using any of these & in what application & HP
Thx in advance
The M/W Aluminum Case is available several different bores, .062, 3.250, 3.812 and 4.000". The 3.250, 3.812 are available with 7075 Aluminum or Steel caps.
The Thru Bolt Design was originated by Mark Williams back in the "70s, and continually improved.

All our products are "Designed, Tested and Manufacture in House in the USA".

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.