Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Re: aluminum 3rd member

that was my feeling.so im going to go with MW but do i need the aluminum thru bolt case? I need axels and spool anyway should i get the 35 or 40spline car is 3100 lb with 1236 fly wheel hp powerglide 4.11 gear 28x10 inch tire leaving on nos car is ladder bar and coilovers.

1200+ hp and 3100 pounds calls for the MW thru-bolt and 40 spline axles. 8.40 cars need a solid dependable rear end. Buy the best once and be done with it. Saving a buck here could get you killed. I

If you want to use an aluminum spool with your 40 splines axles don't forget you will need the 3.812" case. The 3.250" case will only work with the steel 40 spline spool. If you are driving it a lot on the street the steel spool might be a better choice anyway.

This seems to good to be true. I saw on racingjunk new Ford 9" Aluminum bolt-through 3.25" case for $330! The brand is TDS and since i never heard of them before, i am worried about it being sub-par chinese knock-off.
Anybody habe any experience or heard of them?

Limits of Yukon thru-bolt aluminum case?

Hello all. I currently have this 3.250 thru-bolt yukon aluminum case: https://www.yukongear.com/productdetails.aspx?ProdID=5170

I have been 8.teens with 1.25 60's with it at about 3150lbs on 275's. This year I am stepping up a few hundred HP and stepping up to a 29.5x10.5 radial. I am dropping about 150lbs off the car though. Will this case continue to hold up or should I be looking for something stronger?

I am going to regear for the 29.5's, would be nice to just be into it the cost of the gears/kit as opposed to an entire new case.

Re: Limits of Yukon thru-bolt aluminum case?

current rear end in my car is that case, I need to change the gear over to my much nicer mark Williams case but I have that set up and weve been 1.07 numerous times at 2950 no issues

current rear end in my car is that case, I need to change the gear over to my much nicer mark Williams case but I have that set up and weve been 1.07 numerous times at 2950 no issues

^^^^ I would think thats definitely pushing it. ^^^^^

To the op, atleast you could sell what ya got, and put that miney towards a better setup. Might not cost too much if you get decent money for your yukon setup.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll never see 1.0x 60' times, hoping for 1.1x. I will be doing it with a 29.5" radial though and curious if the extra height over a 275 will increase stress on it. The jump from a $400 case to a $900 case is painful, but as you said if I can get some money out of my current good setup instead of just grenading it, that is probably the right way to go.

Yes most likely pushing it but I'm not afraid of it. I am switching my current gear that we are running to my much nicer mark williams Center this weekend though.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.