Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting into MFI for my new motor, I am looking at a few used systems. How do you know what size pump to use? does it matter if your using kinsler nozzles flow ratings or rons? basically if a deal popped up I would just want to know what I need. I have looked around for the calcs but they seem to be hard to find or they want to sell you a book. my motor is a 582 tall deck heads flow 430. cam undecided yet, going to run a gz vac pump. also from what I have read on here rons is easier to tune but a hat could be a little faster.
thanks
Jason

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
Contact MagnaFuel, Waterman, and Weldon. They all have great pumps. Kinsler also sells a very nice pump.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
First MFI is MFI. Doesn't matter if we are talking Kinsler, Enderle or Rons, tuning is the same.
I agree with Horndog call Spud and he can hook you up with FLOW tested system and basic tune up.
If you do purchase a used system send it to Spud to get it flow tested.
Also go here http://www.hre.com/ and purchase the fuel injection manual. That will save you time and headache.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If your just learning fuel injection you would be money ahead to work with name brand stuff and someone who knows complete systems .You will need to know close to what kinda power that engine makes and that will make it easy for someone to get it right.Buy a new pump ,nozzles and barrel .If you get 1 thing wrong ,nozzles ,barrel scroll etc your engine will be junk immediately.Hats or stack injection can all be made to work if you get right combo.You will probably need about 7 g.p.m. pump but all depends how much power it makes and amount of air volume in injector.Good vibrations sells hat kits about as reasonable as anyone.Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts