Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if I used a 5/8 line and valve vs the 3/8 I use now could it have a I’ll effect?
if so what would it be ? trying to get the motor warmer faster .

is it ok to locate the nipple for the line in the floor of the manifold vs in a carb spacer?
thanks

500 cid

·
FHRITP
49,928 Posts
I don’t think the size will make any difference, if you can always close the valve down some. But I dunno if I’d put in the floor of the intake I’d be afraid fuel would puddle in there

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
If you're running a carb, just plumb it into a spacer below the carb, most of the setups I've seen were done that way. If you're running injection, DO NOT install a lean out valve....you'll flood the engine because you're still dumping the same volume of fuel..better way is pull the shutoff cable until it's getting just enough fuel to stay running and nothing more....I run injection and that's how I warm mine...

·
NITROUS OUTLET FTW
6,130 Posts
If you're running a carb, just plumb it into a spacer below the carb, most of the setups I've seen were done that way. If you're running injection, DO NOT install a lean out valve....you'll flood the engine because you're still dumping the same volume of fuel..better way is pull the shutoff cable until it's getting just enough fuel to stay running and nothing more....I run injection and that's how I warm mine...
This right here. Do it for years. Never had problems.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a carb. Was hoping to eliminate the spacer
thanks for the responses

·
Registered
806 Posts
I drill and tap the back wall of the plenum. No reason you have to do it in a spacer.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The shape of the manifold prevents this. Thats why the floor instead .
Then I would drill and tap a bung that I would weld to the back of the plenum and still have it there. All that stuff is easy for me having the ability and tools but just my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts