1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
So.....did the anchor break or what?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Another classic example of a track with a ridiculously short braking area.
Drag racing was never supposed to be a contest to see who had the best brakes!!!..:-D
Just a little FYI for ya!

That had nothing to do with a braking contest!!!

Thats Tim Watkins' Spiderman car at Christchurch several years ago. Go back and look at the video and you will see the chutes come off the car when he deployed them. His newest crewmember put the chutes on the body but failed to attach them to rear!!!!

So now you know that all things are not as they seem on the web!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Holy Crap!!! and he has no guardrails to brush up against, nothing. how can the announcer tell if he crossed center line when the line stopped past the 60'. Glad he is ok

·
Registered
93,064 Posts

Thats Tim Watkins' Spiderman car at Christchurch several years ago. Go back and look at the video and you will see the chutes come off the car when he deployed them. His newest crewmember put the chutes on the body but failed to attach them to rear!!!!

Camp he is a Stupid LIBERAL........ only the government can fix it in his eyes

·
Registered
3,721 Posts

That's funny as fuck!!!
You're telling me this professional operation let a newby attach and pack the chutes and then didn't check his work!!!!...

I wouldn't give a shit if he was driving the "wonder woman" car. The point is chutes get burnt off or don't deploy or whatever all the time and braking areas are not long enough. Period.

I've seen as many accidents past the finish line as before it....:-D

·
Registered
214 Posts
From the finish line to the safety net is 1685ft.

Since this accident a concrete guard wall has been installed along the left hand side of the track and the sandtrap length has been increased by 60ft.

The strip is run along the main straight of a circuit track so VHT prep only extends 120ft also why no centre line is present due to the circuit entering its fastest corner at that point.

We have had 5 sec passes performed at this strip with no braking issues.

Yes it is short and leaves little room for error, but unfortunately its all we have at the moment so we continue to improve it as best we can.

Was the worst moment of my Event Control career so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts