Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do to keep algae from growing in the A2W system? I'm thinking that a strong concentration of pool chlorine every so often should do the trick. Will it eat aluminum though?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sorry for being a shithead!

30% hydrogen peroxide (pool shock treatment) would be one alternative that does not attack aluminum. I don't think you need to go that strong though.

Do you already seen "goonk" in your IC? Or is this a preventative maintenance thing?

BTW, aluminum does not like sodium hypochlorite (bleach).

·
Registered
540 Posts
What do you guys do to keep algae from growing in the A2W system? I'm thinking that a strong concentration of pool chlorine every so often should do the trick. Will it eat aluminum though?
Hey Los,
Give me a shout at the shop when you get a chance. We have the DEI Chill Charger additive in stock. I'll give you up with a bottle to try out and see if it helps. Its a new addition to our product line, so we're just looking to get some real world feedback.

Thanks,
[email protected]

·
Registered
751 Posts
i use a bit of anti freeze/coolant after the meeting and circulate it through. fixed my algae problem

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Los,
Give me a shout at the shop when you get a chance. We have the DEI Chill Charger additive in stock. I'll give you up with a bottle to try out and see if it helps. Its a new addition to our product line, so we're just looking to get some real world feedback.

Thanks,
[email protected]
Is that stuff slippery? As in, would the track hate us if we dumped it on the ground when re-icing between passes?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for being a shithead!

30% hydrogen peroxide (pool shock treatment) would be one alternative that does not attack aluminum. I don't think you need to go that strong though.

Do you already seen "goonk" in your IC? Or is this a preventative maintenance thing?

BTW, aluminum does not like sodium hypochlorite (bleach).
He has clear hose and you can see it getting greenish inside. We have also had a problem with getting the IAT's down but just figured out that it was a bad IAT sensor which was reading 20* higher than it should have been.

·
Registered
24,792 Posts
He has clear hose and you can see it getting greenish inside. We have also had a problem with getting the IAT's down but just figured out that it was a bad IAT sensor which was reading 20* higher than it should have been.

What are your pre intercooler and post intercooler temps ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is that stuff slippery? As in, would the track hate us if we dumped it on the ground when re-icing between passes?
I just poured a little on my fingers and rubbed it around...its not slippery or oily; just feels like water. Once it dried, I couldn't feel any residue. DEI says: "prevents corrosion, electrolysis and mineral build up on the core while maximizing thermal transfer. Chill Charger is non-toxic and environmentally friendly".

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've had that as well..dumped in a gallon of bleech with 5gals. water.and ran for 5 mins.you wont beleave the sh*t that will come out..just flush and refill.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
And to think that shit is growing out of water that we drink.

I know this doesn't help you because you ice your tank at the track but for street car setups that run closed loop with the same water I use distilled water in the system with a half a quart of antifreeze.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Napa carries a "water soluble oil", that a buddy of mine puts into his just before he starts the car up to put it into the trailer. Leaves it in between races & then drains it out before putting more ice in it. IIRC its a small 8 or 10 Oz bottle, white with a screw on cap. just a cap or two will do.

It also lubricates the pump & everything (if you have it going through the motor too) & prevents the aluminum from oxidizing & looking all crappy.

Bob

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
BG products makes a product called frigifresh. Its used for cleaning HVAC on autmobiles.

It will kill algae. Most autoshops "larger ones" offer BG products and services, tyr a firestone,goodyear etc etc etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
go to home depot and buy some swamp cooler cleaner / anti algae chemical it's around $7.00 and works great.One little bottle treats a 30 gallon swamp cooler tank like 20 times

1 - 20 of 20 Posts