Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I did a search and found nothing on here or google. So I'll ask: Has anyone used these, or any of Alex's Store private label parts? Does anyone know anybody using them? Its hard to pass up something so cheap (and made in the USA), but at the same time, one failure will take you out. then again comp couldn't get it right either, so I guess you never really know who's will be good and who's will suck, unless somebody gives them a try.

I'm running a fairly mild came (in comparison to some) .575/.578 226/228
I'm debating buying these: http://www.alexsparts.com/products/...cludes:-Springs,-Retainers-Locks-&-Shims.html

thoughts???

AP

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
A know of a few Ford guys that bought the drop in kits for the OEM heads. They bought them once, and never again. All that kit looks like is a typical cheap single spring for a Gen 1 GM head with a POS lock and retainer on top. Your money - your car - your risk.

As noted many times, "the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten."

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can at least get the PAC 1218 beehives from scoggin dickey for around $120 last time I checked. For $20 more get a reputable spring.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I had no clue these PAC springs were so affordable! Sweet! What are you guys doing for retainers and locks? Are you using stock? Or doing something aftermarket...my current feeling is stock should be fine, but I don't have enough LS experience to make am informed decision. So.....what experience have you guys had?

AP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts