Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm testing some VP Racing M5 tomorrow, and I know I should go 5% - 10% richer.

But what does that mean in terms of main bypass jet number?

I currently run a 105 (Enderle). Should I put in a 95? 90?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I was working with a T/S Nitrous car that had switched to M5 before the race. That shit is nasty!

I was downwind behind the car at the line... after he staged brought it up my eyes began watering horribly. It reminded me of Nitro Methane. I ain't kiddin either... other guys were affected the same way! Kinda hard to tune a suspension when you can't see what's happening ya know!

Don't mean to take you out of your train of thought here, just wanted to share my very recent experience.

Good Luck with the Tune-Up!

g

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah it'd be SMALLER, as it's a bypass jet.The 90 should be nice and safe. Just remember M5 won't pass a fuel check, but it's cheap HP.
Exactly. And because the jet is changing how much is BYPASSED, I'm not sure how much is still going to the motor.

For example:

Assume my 100 pill bypasses 20% of the fuel and sends 80% to the motor. If I drop to a 90 pill it may only bypass 18% of the fuel, sending 82% to the motor. That means I only made the mixture 2.5% richer.

But what if I'm bypassing 50% of the fuel, and 50% goes to the motor. Then if use a 90 instead of a 100, I might only bypass 45% of the fuel. Meaning now I'm using 55% instead of 50%. In that example, I went 10% richer (55/50) by dropping the main bypass size 10%.

Because I don't really know what % of fuel gets bypassed in the main bypass, I'm a bit confused.

(That, and all anyone is doing today is reading JG's rants). LMAO

I used a 105 main today and ran awesome on M1. Four runs that were all better than my previous personal bests, and all with one hundredth of each other. (until I redlit by 0.011 - arrrrrgggghh!!)

I'll test the M5 on Thursday instead, and start with a 90 main, perhaps pulling a couple degrees of timing as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts