Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided to go with an electric fuel pump for now...i cant afford to do the belt drive the way i want to right now. my question is...what is a good electric pump that i wont have problems with on alcohol? the motor is a 360 that should run 10.90s in my street car. all i do is bracket race..i have a 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the back. also..what size fuel lines should i run and do i need a return line? thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
If at all possible, get a BLP belt drive. In the long run you will be much happier. I am running E85 with a Magnafuel 500 and it works OK, just wish I had gone the belt drive route. Alcohols need volume.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im def going with blp when i can..its just outta the question right now money wise

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ive got a BLP and wouldnt trade it for anything but my doorcar had a Pro-Comp block mounted mechanical pump.
My fuel cell was in the rear and had -10 line going to pump and -10 going to carb,ran 6:40's 1/8th mile in 2800# car.Easy way to go and more reliable IMO than electric pump,circle track guys use them up to 700 hp.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand...i know i should go with the blp set up...but i cant afford that right now...sooo...what are some good ELECTRIC fuel pumps for alcohol. it will only be on the car for a year

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
For what you are going to spend on a good electric set up you can get the belt drive, but i would recommend a front mount cell with the belt setup if possible

·
Registered
922 Posts
cheapest route for your build is a six valve. the edelbrock uses ceramic balls and it seems to last for about two seasons. on a alky circle track 650 horse car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are carbureted, an electric pump will work fine for your app on methanol, will be consistent, and make more power than gas. Use a good pump, such as an Aeromotive A2000 or a MagnaFuel 500. The key is to not dead head the pump. Run a return style regulator, with -12 feeding the pump, -10 feeding a fuel log, then a return regulator AFTER the carb with another -10 returning the fuel.

The key is to run a good pump such as above, with a return/bypass regulator after the carbs, and feeding and returning with -10's. This will give you the volume you need.

I run the Aeromotive A2000 with an Aeromotive 13212 bypass regulator. Run 9.00's at 148, no problems with methanol and above system at all. Is a belt drive system better? Yes in that it will give less fuel pressure at idle, and more pressure at high rpms. That being said, you would see little performance advantage if any at all, vs the electric system described here. At high rpms, my fuel pressure stays at 7 psi, even at 8200, so the volume I'm getting is fine.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you are carbureted, an electric pump will work fine for your app on methanol, will be consistent, and make more power than gas. Use a good pump, such as an Aeromotive A2000 or a MagnaFuel 500. The key is to not dead head the pump. Run a return style regulator, with -12 feeding the pump, -10 feeding a fuel log, then a return regulator AFTER the carb with another -10 returning the fuel.

The key is to run a good pump such as above, with a return/bypass regulator after the carbs, and feeding and returning with -10's. This will give you the volume you need.

I run the Aeromotive A2000 with an Aeromotive 13212 bypass regulator. Run 9.00's at 148, no problems with methanol and above system at all. Is a belt drive system better? Yes in that it will give less fuel pressure at idle, and more pressure at high rpms. That being said, you would see little performance advantage if any at all, vs the electric system described here. At high rpms, my fuel pressure stays at 7 psi, even at 8200, so the volume I'm getting is fine.
say you bought a prosystems setup with comes with the big holley two port regulator with the vacuum port..the one they recommend..is that ok or would you still rather buy the return style regulator and why? especially if you have a return at the pump with a magnafuel 500..i am not arguing just asking because this is the setup i have

·
Registered
112 Posts
say you bought a prosystems setup with comes with the big holley two port regulator with the vacuum port..the one they recommend..is that ok or would you still rather buy the return style regulator and why? especially if you have a return at the pump with a magnafuel 500..i am not arguing just asking because this is the setup i have
What you have will work, provided you have large enough line size to the pump, then to the regulator, with little fitting restriction. A return style after the carb is simply better, because the carb sees all the fuel volume/pressure before the return regulator. With a return style regulator, there is always fuel flowing from the pump to the carb, and back through the return. With a dead head, the fuel stops at the regulator before the carb, and the return is at the tank so the carb could get some fuel starvation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts