Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made the switch the alcohol this season, and have about 6 passes so far and there is a high rpm miss around 7000 on up? any ideas? combo consists of 565 bbc dual enderle toilets, 80a-0 pump 125 pill, 35 nozzles, got plug gaps at .030, 7al-2 ignition with 36 degrees timing. Thanks

·
Beauty School Dropout
12,427 Posts
What kind of temp are you putting in the heads? It's not ideal, but if you have enough head temp then you can get by without high speeds. But you will probably need less ignition lead. Again, wouldn't be ideal.

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
are you running race methanol? If so, 36* seems like too much advance to me. Have you tried backing it off? On race alky, I ran best at 32*. I was carbureted though.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the switch to methanol. Try changing your high limit chip on the MSD. Ask me why I know this.

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,338 Posts
Gap the plugs at .025, if that helps, close it up some more.

Back up on the advance to 30*, see what happens, if that helps, back it up some more, no more that 2* at a time.

Learn to listen to your motor, it will tell you what it wants, you just need to learn it's language....

Your Pal, Gary

·
Registered
786 Posts
Just made the switch the alcohol this season, and have about 6 passes so far and there is a high rpm miss around 7000 on up? any ideas? combo consists of 565 bbc dual enderle toilets, 80a-0 pump 125 pill, 35 nozzles, got plug gaps at .030, 7al-2 ignition with 36 degrees timing. Thanks
The 125 pill seems a bit much with a 0 pump on a 565. I run a single toilet with a twin gear #1 pump with a 100 pill and 35 nozzles with 40* timing and .045 plug gap.

Try a 80-90 pill and see how it does. You need to be gaining at least 10*coolant temp.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No high speed lean out yet, but on order. Fuel is VP M1, also i pulled out the rev chip and did not seem to make any difference. I will tighten up plug gap to .025 and see how that works. Thanks

·
A Senior Member
3,292 Posts
Tighten the plug gap. It cleaned up our EGT's

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I run .025" plug gap as well. I didn't notice any performance gain from slightly wider gaps but it is easier on the entire ignition system. I think there's just too much timing. Are you running a crank trigger?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, im running a crank trigger, also head temp is around 185 staging the car. Where should i start with for pill size in the high speed/ bypass pressure? Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
What do your spark plugs look like ???? Good indication of what to do next
What does the time card tell you ?? 125 pill sounds like a slight lean miss I had a similar thing only at high rpm in would pop about 3 times then clear on the rest of the pass
Problem solved by adding fuel but that's my combo they all differ

·
Registered
860 Posts
With my 565,I set the H/Spd @ 90psi & a #50 pill.I do have Alot more pump that you do.Mine is a 7.2 gallon,and if you have a 80a?They are usually in the 4.3 gal.range.Do you have a Flow tag on the pump?
I have a 100 pill in the main,but with the diff.in pumps?Its Apples & Oranges!

Later
G

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not to good at reading the plugs yet, as im new the the alcohol thing, the egt's going through the traps are around 1225*. I might try and post some pics of the plugs and see what you guys think? On my last pass i ran 9.12 at 150, if that helps? Thanks

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Give it a lot more fuel!!! your pump is only 3.8 GPM. throw a .090 in it and if it goes faster don't be afraid to let it have a .080.

Joe

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Never mind

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Correction, the pump is a 80A-1, i just called enderle to confirm. Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts