Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes:I HAVE A CUSTOMER WITH A ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTED,700CUBIC INCH BBC, ON ALCOHOL... NOW IT HAS A DRY NITROUS SYSTEM:confused: ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT FOR THIS??? HE IS PRETTY MUCH LOST!!! AND I DONT WANT TO BURN HIS JUNK UP!!!IT HAS THE FAST XFI SYSTEM, WITH 160 AND 83LB INJECTORS, 2 HUGE THROTTLE BODIES!! CAN THIS WORK?.........:-damnit THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!:rolleyes: RIGHT???;)

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I am by no means an expert on NOS and Methanol but I have done a lot of web research and there are issues. Both produce huge cooling effects and from what I can find in theory it will be hard to fire the cold mixture. The approach I am presently taking it methanol as my main fuel and I will spray NOS with C-16. That will not work with a dry system. If anything I might be temped to try and very small shot with that combo and see what happens, 700 cubes on methanol has to be making some serious HP, how much is it looking to spray?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOS NELSON?? STEVE??:confused: ANY OPINIONS??

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) thanks for looking paul, it makes 1350hp on motor alone, but when he turns the nitrous on??? we are not seeing big numbers!! it put down 1100+ at the wheels on my mustang 1750 dyno.. but with nitrous?? we are not seeing much power!! lean it out, richen it up a ton?? still not much... add timing, remove timing same thing!!:confused: plugs do look good.... but it just doesnt make power!!i would love too see this thing with c-16 as the fuel added with the nitrous!! but the customer is dead set against this!!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Run the Fogger as a gas unit and use C-16 as the nitrous side fuel. Maybe if your customer sees enough people say this he can be pursued. I talked to Mike Thermos about this a year or so ago and he said the same thing.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) thanks for the suggestions guys! but he is very hard to persuade!!!:rolleyes: guess we will wind up burning this bitch up before i can change his mind!!:cool: next time he may go c-16!!;)

oh yea paul, the intake gets very cold!!! but he thinks thats the key to all the hosspower!!:cool:

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Might need even more timing or a hotter plug in there too.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
my .02

My .02 from an observers perspective. I know a couple of guys that went the dry system route on a couple of Outlaw 10.5 cars. Regardless of the tune, tuner, or anything, the cars made more power and burnt up less parts on a wet setup. Dry systems are cool if it's not a big hit or multiple kits. But for big hits from what I've seen they just don't seem to work well.

Add alcohol into the equation and it becomes a real nightmare. Anybody I know that runs nitrous on an alcohol car runs gas as the enrichment fuel. I'm sure it makes tuning easier and safer for the motor.

Like I said that's just my viewpoint from an observers perspective.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
30 DEGREES TIMING, TAKING OUT 6 DEGREES ON A 300 SHOT....

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Shakey, this might not help but this is how I look at it.
Nitrous Oxide requires 570 degree F to get it to split into Oxygen and Nitrogen. The cooling effect of the methanol evaporating ( heat of evaporation = 35278 kJ/Kmol) and the nitrous oxide boiling (boils @ -127 deg F), chill the incoming charge to the point where it does not get heated sufficiently during the compression cycle to break the nitrous down and take advantage of the free oxygen.
Now maybe I can apply for a government grant to see if that theory holds water cause it sure sounds good,, :smt024

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have been running alcohol/ Gas/ nitrous for years, hands down the best way to make it all work. Even though the effects of the alcohol and nitrous do seem to cool down the charge of air in the intake, in the chamber its a whole different story. Having a warm motor is usually the difference between a happy running motor or one that is causing problems. The gas does seem to make the combustion process that much better. I also like the fact that with the alky/gas/nos setup you still have 2 separate systems= easy to tune. Leave the nitrous alone and tune the motor for the given day. Dry systems are 2 systems made to run as one which usually creates all sorts of tuning issues, in my opinion. I don't have any experience as far as dry systems go but I hear that they can be hard to get right.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D WELL, I CONVINCED HIM TO GO GAS!!! WITH ALL THE ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS THAT POSTED ON HERE!!:cool: SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES TODAY!! THANKS;)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:):)well paul, we switched it over, and found out before we made any pulls that we had a headgasket leaking!:rolleyes: so we are putting it back together today or tomorrow?? waiting on valve springs:rolleyes: oddball stuff!! 1.500 spring, installed @2.170, with 430lbs on seat.. maybe a pac spring?? i think its gonna be a lot easier to tune on gas!! it made [email protected] wheel on alky alone...more to come!!!

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
:):)well paul, we switched it over, and found out before we made any pulls that we had a headgasket leaking!:rolleyes: so we are putting it back together today or tomorrow?? waiting on valve springs:rolleyes: oddball stuff!! 1.500 spring, installed @2.170, with 430lbs on seat.. maybe a pac spring?? i think its gonna be a lot easier to tune on gas!! it made [email protected] wheel on alky alone...more to come!!!
Frenchy??

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:eek: HOW DID YOU GUESS???:rolleyes::cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts