Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted about a problem I was having getting an AJE cross member to fit on my car. I talked with Jim at AJE, he said they would make it right......WRONG ! I got another cross member in the mail today. It's so fucked up it will not bolt up under the car. I explained to them that the top plate needed to be wider and the holes moved towards the front of the car by 1 inch to make it work with my set up. Instead of making a new cross member with a wider top plate, they tried to "offset" it with the bars that mount to the car. Now it has a fucking big hump in the passenger side bar that hits the floor pan before the bushing ever gets into the mount good. Fucking idiots !! I will never deal with these sorry fuckers again. JUNK JUNK JUNK !!!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I HAD THERE JUNK ON MY CAR. THE SPINDLE BROKE AND I NAILED THE WALL. ABOUT 10K WORTH OF DAMAGE. HE TOLD ME OL WELL THAT RACING. FUCK AJE I BAD MOUTH THEM ANYTIME I CAN THERE SHIT IS JUNK!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just texted the guy there. He sent a message back about them putting offset in this one. I got under the car it wouldn't bolt up, so i took a pic and sent it to him. I told him it's not working and now he won't answer me back.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have one of there cross members,its for a 94 95 to put a gilde. I dont like it because its a solid mount and i have heard some bad things about soild mounts with a trans break.i think its junk too,and now i read this. I quess they got me for 150$.i will never buy anything from them again.going to mod the stock cross member and put poly mount and not worry about.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
My buddy had their th400 trans crossmember in his BBC notch. Garbage. Mounts solidly to the trans and relies on two stiff bushings at the ends to absorb the vibration and movement of a BBC on 2 stages?

The weld on the flimsy piece that bolts to the trans broke, then the trans sheared the stock bellhousing off and spun around in the trans tunnel.

Had the local fabricator make a 4130 cross member that accepts a factory-style mount...Never was an issue again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
HIM AND HIS DAD ARE FUCKING IDIOTS. THE SPINDLE LOOKS LIKE MY 9 YEAR OLD SON WELDED IT.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Their welds suck as well. I've seen quite a few of their Mustang k-members and you would think they were welding with a Harbor Freight MIG machine on the lowest setting. Sloppy with minimal penetration. Looks like they wrapped a caterpillar around the joint.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I had their shit on my car, pulled everything off my car and fitted the entire car with Racecraft....PERFECT FIT!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a tie rod sleeve break of their's due to poor welding quality.Luckily I was loading the car back on the wagon when it let go.

·
having fun
31,331 Posts
i got someone wanting me to install some aje tubular lower controls arms with spring perches into a 2004 mustang

just sayin---just puttin it out there...

·
Registered
698 Posts
I recently posted about a problem I was having getting an AJE cross member to fit on my car. I talked with Jim at AJE, he said they would make it right......WRONG ! I got another cross member in the mail today. It's so fucked up it will not bolt up under the car. I explained to them that the top plate needed to be wider and the holes moved towards the front of the car by 1 inch to make it work with my set up. Instead of making a new cross member with a wider top plate, they tried to "offset" it with the bars that mount to the car. Now it has a fucking big hump in the passenger side bar that hits the floor pan before the bushing ever gets into the mount good. Fucking idiots !! I will never deal with these sorry fuckers again. JUNK JUNK JUNK !!!!!!

Have you check with chris alston's see if they make what you need.

·
TEAM CARB
45,248 Posts
My xmember fit like ass also...I cut it up and made it work.
There was NO way it was gonna ever fit...

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,915 Posts
THere are a lot of good companies out there making Kmembers.

If I had to buy one now I'd get a TeamZ unit

With that said, I have an AJE Kmember and trans mount in my car and they fit great

·
Registered
119 Posts
i "tried" to use their A arms on my Mach and using stock spindles the ball joint they had installed wasnt EVEN close....I had SOOO much slope in the arm it was insane. I sent them back and went all racecraft stuff...never looked back

1 - 20 of 27 Posts