Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a full aje front end with their a-arms, coil overs, etc on my 96 mustang. what kind of camber caster kits are people running with the aje struts? if i dont recall, i dont believe there is enough threads at the top to actually penetrate all the way through a "normal" uniball setup on a set of caster/camber plates. i was wondering what the fix was to this problem? i hope this makes sence to others??

·
Registered
364 Posts
Makes sense to me because I had the same problem.

Call AJunkE and tell them you have the early strut inserts, they have a machined nut with a sleeve on it that will allow you to use other CC plates. Hard to explain, the easiest way to describe would be a lug nut for a race wheel that has 1/2" studs. It has a sleeve that goes into the wheel and has a shoulder on it to secure.

Make sense????

I used TEAM Z plates and they worked!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah, I have seen them, however, not too sure that I need that much caster at the speed I am going.

One issue IMO is that when you run alot of positive caster and you turn, left or right, it actually pushes the tire into the ground. When the car gets out of shape it is an opportunity to put it on the roof (like some pro stock cars)

The positive caster definetly provides more high speed straight line stability.

You still need the nuts from AJunkE

My $.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts