Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Assuming you are running over 5-10lbs boost, there is no way on earth the air temperature downstream of a turbo could be within 5 deg F of ambient in a drag car unless the temperature is being measured downstream of the injectors.
It's a street car, injectors after temp sensor. Don't know what to tell you, true story. Lol I'll see if I can dig some logs up and post.

·
Registered
16,367 Posts
It's a street car, injectors after temp sensor. Don't know what to tell you, true story. Lol I'll see if I can dig some logs up and post.
How much boost do you run when you see those numbers?

Even if those are the numbers you're seeing doesn't mean those are the actual temperatures.

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Will migrate toward something cooler (like the fins around the core).. Where it will be dissipated into the cooler ambient air.."

Like a heat sink ;-) Again that is exactly what you described. The air is cooling the core, if it wasn't temps would continue to rise. That the whole point. Energy always has to go somewhere.

Also I'd love to read a white paper on said guys 100% efficient intercooler. A peer to peer review would likely tear that apart. Haha.

·
Registered
23,558 Posts
Since this is an air to water thread, I figured I’d throw in this intercooler pump that I stumbled on while doing research that I hadn’t seen before. I’m surprised more people aren't using it. I had an in tank Rule 3700. I immediately ordered another ice box with a strainer from Robert at Chiseled and bought one to run inline.

Where did you get the controller and how much difference in cooling did you see after the switch from the 3700 ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since this is an air to water thread, I figured I’d throw in this intercooler pump that I stumbled on while doing research that I hadn’t seen before. I’m surprised more people aren't using it. I had an in tank Rule 3700. I immediately ordered another ice box with a strainer from Robert at Chiseled and bought one to run inline.

There are several people using the BMW water pump just not on this forum I presume, I know the guy that did his latest one.

·
Registered
23,558 Posts
There are several people using the BMW water pump just not on this forum I presume, I know the guy that did his latest one.
I guess I really wouldnt need the controller and just use the Holley PWM . Would just have to delete my water meth pump from it .

Another time I wish I went Dominator ........lol

That pump is pricey but looks to push quite a bit of water .

Now someone will come back with the " keep the water in the core longer " theory . LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where did you get the controller and how much difference in cooling did you see after the switch from the 3700 ?
It just showed up today. II’m redoing some things on my car and putting a new motor together so it will be a while before I have any data. You won’t need a controller Dave since you run the Holley. You’d just run a 12v, a ground and a PWM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only issue I can see with this pump is paying the shipping for a pigtail. I haven’t been able to find one other than this one so Im going to make one.
E923D02F-43D4-4E75-828F-38E13FCC864A.png

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If it’s in Europe, I’m sure I can send you one for a lot cheaper....
They want €10 to ship to me, probably same again for me to send to US

61 - 72 of 72 Posts