Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was recommened to me to pull the tubes out of my slicks. I did, and kept the air pressure the same as I did when it had tubes about 10-12 psi. The car was all over the track and almost tagged the wall. Does it have to do with the air pressure? What pressure do you guys run with no tubes? Thanks

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Tire size and rim width effects tire pressure. The tubes make the tire stiffer so it will be less stiff without tubes. If you have a big tire heavy car like mine, 2900 lbs with a 950 hp motor running a 16X33 slick on a 15 in wide wheel I run 8.5 lbs of air. I have considered a stiff sidewall slick because several friends with heavy high HP cars tell me they work better. My car drives great running 1/8 mile at 130 mph. Never run it 1/4 with this set up. RM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars weights about 3100 with me in it. The tires are MT 13.5X29.5 on a 14" wide rim. The motor is around 700

·
Registered
153 Posts
my general rule is run as much air as you can while maintaining traction. we run 15 lbs in a 28x10.5 tire but do drop it down when needed, it also helps if the susp. works well. if i recall M/T says 16lbs as a starting point.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
It was recommened to me to pull the tubes out of my slicks. I did, and kept the air pressure the same as I did when it had tubes about 10-12 psi. The car was all over the track and almost tagged the wall. Does it have to do with the air pressure? What pressure do you guys run with no tubes? Thanks

Put the tubes back in,....my buddy runs nmra renegade on occasion and has been running tubeless since he began, i talked him into trying tubes and he could not believe the difference in handling and traction....new best 1.25 old best 1.29...thats on a 28by10.5 tire....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts