Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I need to build an air pan for a cowl type hood. Running two dominators. Carb builder wasnt a fan of no front facing scoop, but the nmca shootout rules for 2011 were just released prohibiting the scoop. Better to pull from windshield or from front of engine compartment? Thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
this has been dicussed before.seems everybody has a differant experience and/or result.i have a 4.5" cowl on a chevelle,n/a 975hp.i made an air pan and sealed it up tight so the only air it got was from the cowl.i took it off and it picked up 2mph and .10-put it back on and it slowed.a friend has the same type car/setup and his picked up.also have heard of people slowing with forwad facing scoops-was told it was "air stacking"-no idea what that was.i'm gonna try pulling the air from the front this year,we'll see .....:).......good luck

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my limited research, Ive been told the dual carb set up will be worse off than a single. Guess I should steer toward the pro stock truck set up. Havent seen too many set up this way.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
alot of people forget to seal the cowl panel cowl induction don't work if the air goes down the cowl not into the hood but thats more on the older cars meet a guy with a nova ducted tape the cowl and picked up redneck enginering ha.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think every application is diffrent I built a pan for rear facing 4 inch cowl hood
Doesn't go all the way back to the wind sheild I did back to back testing I didn't adjust nothing on the motor ...car picked up in the 60 foot but I did lose mph ..but that could of been from the.better 60s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts